1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Ian Stevenson

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by zilch, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Wanttobelieve

Wanttobelieve New Member

https://www.nrk.no/delta/rolf-erik-is-dead_-but-he-would-like-to-get-in-touch-with-you-1.13101164

Do you realize that this experiment is finished and that NO medium/psychic could guess even a single element of Rolf Eriks letter?

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com...close-to-guessing-a-dead-mans-secret-message/

If at least one person had seen a plane, this would have been a proof for paranormal abilietis and/or the afterlife.

Remember, we sceptics really want to believe. I wish my Dad was somehow, somewhere, still alive. I miss him so much.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  2. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

I had a reading in January, my first, which worked well for me. The medium wasn't even looking at me, so no cold reading, but off to one side and seemingly engaged in watching something when the evidential information came through. There wasn't that much as the spirit in question only arrived ten minutes before the end (typical!) But I was aware of the pitfalls, and there not being that much, I was careful not to forget about anything which didn't ring true. She said at the start she had to "take my energy" and spent a few minutes with her eyes closed. I sat there thinking I'm an idiot to have been duped like this. She started off talking about my grandmother, which for me indicated that she thought it likely that at my age I'd have lost that generation, but maybe not my parents. But then she said a strong male energy had entered the room and there was this quick burst of evidential information, while she smiled and laughed and said he was a happy personality. With this remote test from Norway you refer to, it therefore poses the question of how much the sitter's mind is involved in the reading. As well as, of course, the other parties. It's very disappointing when these public tests fail.

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Every public test fails. Every time. Spirit will not perform for us; we certainly have learned that by now! We can learn what actually is going on only if we are willing to approach Spirit on Spirit's terms.

kim likes this.
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

Why have you become a member here?

5. ChrisGreece

ChrisGreece Member

IMHO First love is needed . Second faith. Third no interference.Fourth will or need is needed. Fifth you need to ASK the divine.Then God will perform Miracles just for you.
    Interfering with other people belief is an act of karma.God (replace with great spirit UNIsource or LOVE) will not grant you a miracle when the belief of others
    is threatened.That is why it is said that silence is one of the four pillars of Solomon temple. That is why it is said that
    The Lips of Wisdom Are Closed Except To The Ears of Understanding . Spirituality is something to be earned with faith or by asking help from God.
    Spirituality is not a commodity. It is a privilege that you have to work very hard for. You pay with faith , praying , trusting the divine. It is not a hamburger not a commodity.
    You have to earn it . Sorry for the rant.
    Edit/Ok my post is a little offensive and immature. I am sorry for this. I should have been more polite.Still my view is the same./edit

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  6. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator