1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Ian Stevenson

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by zilch, Jan 22, 2019.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Convolution, yet again, what you are saying here is based in bits of nonsense so your conclusions inevitably also are nonsense. But apparently playing with nonsense is what you enjoy?

2. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

When you say "failing to notice things.." you may be referring to the start of this thread which was considering the failure of Prof Stevenson to transmit the numbers to open his lock. Many would take this to indicate failure to survive, but, as you say, we cannot assume that this is the kind of thing that would be retained. These kinds of things are terribly easy to forget at the best of times.

3. zilch

zilch New Member

Dear all, I do have to part my ways with ALF. Obviously, I do not fit here as someone who prefers research rather than just what i see as acquiring unverifiable beliefs. I hope to find some convincing evidence elsewhere. One side comment from me is that I am a scientist and work in a research institute. As a non-believer and sceptic I keep being amazed that I meet very rational scientists who are also religious/believers. I just talked today with a biologist who is one of such people. I think that there is no problem with reconciling beliefs in something non-material and being a rational scientifically-minded person.

I have not encountered anyone from the 'spiritual' side who decides to pick up real math/physics/biology book and really learn, which takes years and lots of failures. And you don't seem very welcoming to our kind of people, I'm afraid.

4. innerperson

innerperson Member

Good luck Zilch. I hope you find what you're looking for. :)

zilch likes this.
  5. mac

mac Staff Member

Looks like we've - I've - failed in many ways..... :(

Perhaps when you NEED to learn and understand about survival et al you'll approach matters in a different way. The sad fact is that many only reach that point when they've experienced crushing bereavement and those who haven't may just not be 'keyed in'.

It's a real shame you're hobbled by being a scientist but whadya do?