1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Ian Stevenson

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by zilch, Jan 22, 2019.

1. zilch

zilch New Member

It is known that Ian Stevenson left a case locked with a certain combination. His goal was to attempt to pass the password from the afterlife. Do you know if anyone has tried to 'contact him'? It seems that in 2014 DOPS still accepted submissions for the lock. Maybe this would be a good way of 'proving' that there's something beyond?

Convolution likes this.
  2. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

I read somewhere that plenty of people have contacted DOPS with number combinations they've dreamt of and so on, but none so far has unlocked the briefcase. Disappointing!

Convolution likes this.
  3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

It is pretty common for people to leave behind a word, a combination, or something that will magically prove the afterlife. In every case of which I am aware, the decedent when contacted after death can remember that there was supposed to be such a key, but cannot for the life of himself remember what it was ;-). I think there may be some sort of taboo against doing this, but who knows?

4. mac

mac Staff Member

I suppose there may be an unwritten rule.... Or maybe we just won't recall details in the way we presently think we will?

Some years ago I was talking with a colleague-and-friend and his 'dead' wife who began visiting with us both. I asked her if she recalled things I remembered about the times when we had worked together but she said she couldn't. Her focus was naturally on her still incarnate husband and although I had been a big part of both their lives as a married couple and even years before, those times were lost to her - and rightly so I eventually concluded.

Stuff we might think significant in this world may just seem like a poorly remembered movie we saw years ago. You remember you liked it (or hated it!) but have no idea what its title was, who the actors were or what the storyline was!

Or is that just me? ;):Do_O

5. zilch

zilch New Member

If there is an afterlife, then maybe this world is like a dream to that one? My memory plays tricks on me when I try to remember dreams, maybe a bit like what mac wrote about remembering the old movie. Anyway, I noticed that some of you mention ITC (and I like the worlditc website - it seems sincere and doesn't try to sell me anything). Maybe some of the ITC researchers could try to contact Ian Stevenson?