1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

I Wonder......

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by mac, Feb 11, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm not big into signs and symbols partly because I've not been aware of any involving me but also because it's only recently I've become persuaded they can be actual signs of our spirit loved ones' involvement. Recently, though, there have been a couple of really 'odd' happenings involving Mrs Mac. They didn't involve me directly but I was around and had been in discussion elsewhere about someone else's experiences. Here's what's happened.....

My wife and I like bargains - who doesn't? - but we often won't spend unless we find a great deal. This week, though, my wife said her sports shoes were worn and slipping and to avoid injury I suggested she get new ones, if necessary paying the regular price.

So earlier last week she returned from grocery shopping to tell me she'd been longer than planned because she'd called in our local Big 5 store and found some bargain shoes. The ones she found were unpriced but the store guy checked and declared they were $39.99. That price would have been fine but at the check out the pair scanned at $49.99. My wife protested, the check out gal scanned the box again and a new price appeared - $13.99!

Today we visited a new Phoenix attraction where my wife looked for a small gift for an old friend. She chose a pretty windchime and when she came out of the shop she showed me the receipt which read $9.99 including tax but the display price had been $21.99 plus tax!

As we talked about this after arriving home I jokingly said someone's been looking after her - and then the penny dropped. Two such events in the space of a few days? At one time I would have dismissed them as coincidences but now I don't.

Kurt and Monika like this.
  2. Monika

Monika Established Member

This is so heartwarming to read Mac♡ and so amazing!

Kurt likes this.
  3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Mac, as you know, we are told by those not in bodies - the people who actually know what is going on - that the odds against actual coincidences occurring are so long that we should assume that true random coincidences almost never happen. Our first thought always should be that weird things that seem to be coincidences all are signs from Spirit. And I wish my guides would do less of the constant three-numbers signs on my computer and a lot more of these prices-dropped kinds of signs ;-)!

Kurt likes this.
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

It's certainly tempting to put these things down to our loved ones 'in spirit' interceding but there's a moral dilemma. If the price of an item were to be changed to my wife's benefit in the way I've outlined, then she'd be a 'winner' but the trader would be the loser. Perhaps that's just an incarnate-life issue, though, and from the etheric side such an issue may not have any importance......?

Maybe, Roberta, you should make your desires known to your spirit-side helpers!? Not that you need to actually spell 'em out! :D

5. innerperson

innerperson New Member

Signs are tough for me to acknowledge. I tend to brush them off as coincidences or my mind playing games one me. Like when you look at buying a particular car and then all you see is those cars driving down the road. They were always there but I just didn't pay them attention.

I do think they happen, I am just not open enough to acknowledge them. haha

I do remember a time that I was struggling with my business. I said out loud that I needed some help here if I am to get these earthly needs taken care of so I can start working on more important topics. The next day a big order came in. Now that sign I was able to acknowledge. :)

6. mac

mac Staff Member

It's simpler to write 'em off as coincidences or in my case I often resist the chance I may be 'making things fit'. I remain cautious about making things fit but I think I'm more receptive to the idea there may be someone causing things to happen

7. RobertaGrimes

Of course I was kidding! If knocking down prices became a major sign commonly delivered, that might indeed be hard on merchants; but it was a wonderful and meaningful sign for you! My own favorite sign involving a store was what happened maybe 15 years ago when my guides decided that despite my scruples in avoiding reading anything channeled after 1950, it was high time that I did A Course in Miracles (which came to us in the late sixties). I have told this story here before, and I believe it is in The Fun of Staying in Touch, but here goes:

One winter afternoon - I'm guessing it was 2003 or thereabouts - I was driving along, early for a client appointment, when I noticed a Borders bookstore and a voice in my head said, "Buy A Course in Miracles." I kind of shrugged and stopped, and I went to the back of the store, looking for the New Age section. What I found there was an entire long empty shelf (have you ever seen that in a bookstore?) that had one book centered in it, facing outward. It was A Course in Miracles. My thought was, "Well, that's handy!" and I picked up the book and took it to the register. The fellow there took an inordinate time trying to find the book in his computer. He finally said to me, "I'm sorry. We don't sell this book." I offered him ten bucks for it, he said "Fine," and I bought my book.

It was only that evening, once my client appointments were over, that I had a chance to think about what had happened that day. I had been instructed to leave the highway and enter a particular store and buy something, and my guides had actually cleared an entire shelf and materialized in the middle of it a book that store didn't even sell to make sure that I would find it easily? Was that even possible? No way around the fact that it wasn't possible, but it actually had happened. I set out right away to find an A Course in Miracles study group!

mac and Monika like this.
  8. mac

mac Staff Member

That's a great story, Roberta. I can't quite match those remarkable events but when I first started my journey something a little similar happened.

It was lunch and I was at work. I'd eaten my sandwiches and went for a short walk down the high street of the small town I worked in. I remember striding out along the sidewalk 'til I came to a small shop I occasionally visited for candy or newspapers. This time, though, I walked straight past the counter to the back of the shop, made a left into another area I'd not seen before to find racks of paperbacks.

I'm not a book person but I reached up to the edge of the top shelf and lifted down the last book at the end. It was above my head height and I hadn't been able to see its title. That was 'Voices In My Ear' written by Doris Stokes, a platform spiritual (evidential) medium big in the UK at that time but someone I'd never heard of.

Our baby son had died at birth a little earlier that year. My journey of learning began that day. ;)

NovemberFlowers likes this.
  9. RobertaGrimes

Also a lovely story, dear Mac!

Dear friends, every one of us has spirit guides who are tirelessly working to ensure that we will have all the opportunities we need to grow spiritually. They will keep putting those opportunities before us, but they cannot make us open ourselves to them - that is our job! The universe exists to give us a place where we can rapidly elevate our spiritual vibrations away from fear and toward more perfect love. Achieving that growth is the reason why each of us even is in a body now! So please open yourself to the messages that your own guides are giving you. Walk through that opened door! Accept the loving guidance of people not in bodies who know your life-plan and who want only to help you carry it out perfectly. Big and little miracles like these happen everywhere and at every minute of every day....

mac likes this.
  10. Bill Z

Bill Z Established Member

Book stores have always been spiritual places for me. Over 20 years ago I was either playing music or giving lectures on Sacred Geometry at bookstores and information always seemed to come through me there that I wasn't consciously aware of. Books, as Roberta mentioned, would present themselves to me.
    Once I was in the process of interviewing for a job with a health advocate and social activist and very spiritual person. I was driving to meet a client and I was guided to stop at a Borders Bookshop. Thus seemed crazy because I would be late for the appointment but I had to go to the bookstore. I was guided to the self help and health section and a series of books by this person was there but someone was leaning against the book case and I had to ask him to move. Out of nowhere he asked if I knew this author and I explained that I had an interview with him later in the week. He went on to tell me about him, they knew each other and I realized this job opportunity just was not a good fit for me and this discussion probably avoided a lot of grief for both the author and myself.
    Another time in a Borders a girl was sitting on the floor near books I wanted to check out and she was pretty distraught. I started talking to her, she was going through a very difficult time and without knowing why I handed her a book and she looked at it and said this was what she was looking for. She went to purchase it and she seemed to lighten up as she walked away.
    Many other times I met people or books that became important parts of my life and journey.

mac likes this.