1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

I was wondering...

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Kurt, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Is it possible that all if the pain in the world is good? It helps people advance Spiritually and besides, if it was not for it, then society would not collapse. And if it does not collapse, then there can be no better system to follow.

I believe that this is called the growing pains that Roberta referred to elsewhere, but hey, I could be wrong.

My main thing is that I am convinced it is necessary for there to be a complete collapse of society. Is this true?

All opinions are appreciated.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

A healer I greatly admired used to say something to the effect that pain and suffering were not something to be accepted as desirable or normal. He used all his efforts to ameliorate the pain of those who approached him for help in his healing capacity.

Kurt likes this.
  3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

The negativity is useful for us to push against, but it is not desirable. And I don't know what you mean by societal collapse, but I am told that is a risk but it is not an outcome to be desired!

Kurt likes this.
  4. bluebird

bluebird Regular Contributor

In my opinion: No, not all of the pain in the world is good. I would venture to say that most of it is not good. Maybe some of it can help some people advance spiritually, but in my view most of it is not worth it.

Please clarify -- you believe that society would collapse if it were not for pain, or if it were not for spiritual advancements? or you believe that because of pain society will collapse?

In any case, I do not believe a complete collapse of society is necessary. Why would it be? And necessary for what, exactly?

Kurt likes this.
  5. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I feel like society will collapse due to pain and that that could cause Spiritual advancement.