1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

I was wondering...

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Kurt, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Is it possible that all if the pain in the world is good? It helps people advance Spiritually and besides, if it was not for it, then society would not collapse. And if it does not collapse, then there can be no better system to follow.

I believe that this is called the growing pains that Roberta referred to elsewhere, but hey, I could be wrong.

My main thing is that I am convinced it is necessary for there to be a complete collapse of society. Is this true?

All opinions are appreciated.

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

A healer I greatly admired used to say something to the effect that pain and suffering were not something to be accepted as desirable or normal. He used all his efforts to ameliorate the pain of those who approached him for help in his healing capacity.

Kurt likes this.
  3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

The negativity is useful for us to push against, but it is not desirable. And I don't know what you mean by societal collapse, but I am told that is a risk but it is not an outcome to be desired!

Kurt likes this.
  4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

In my opinion: No, not all of the pain in the world is good. I would venture to say that most of it is not good. Maybe some of it can help some people advance spiritually, but in my view most of it is not worth it.

Please clarify -- you believe that society would collapse if it were not for pain, or if it were not for spiritual advancements? or you believe that because of pain society will collapse?

In any case, I do not believe a complete collapse of society is necessary. Why would it be? And necessary for what, exactly?

Kurt likes this.
  5. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I feel like society will collapse due to pain and that that could cause Spiritual advancement.

6. bluebird

Thank you for the clarification.

Kurt likes this.
  7. EminenceFront

EminenceFront Member

All pain is an experience that was chosen not thrust upon us. If we choose painful experiences, then we must have a relevance, a reason. In that light all pain is "good".

Kurt likes this.
  8. EminenceFront

EminenceFront Member

If it is part of your chosen experience, then your society will collapse. If it is not, then it will not.

Kurt likes this.
  9. bluebird

I disagree. Perhaps some people sometimes choose to undergo a painful experience in order to learn or for whatever reason, but there is no proof that all pain was chosen. Your view on this is a matter of opinion, as is mine.

Kurt likes this.
  10. EminenceFront

EminenceFront Member

Is Life living through you or to you?

If the latter, then it is understandable how you feel. If the former, then you are responsible for what you experience. Including how you feel.

There are no other choices.

Kurt likes this.
  11. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Once again, this is thoughtful. I take this as your hook?

It's good!!:D

12. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Kurt, since pain, fear, and all associated negative emotions are the literal opposite of love, for a society to collapse from their weight would be the literal opposite of spiritual advancement!!

Kurt and mac like this.
  13. mac

It can't be proven that all pain was a chosen experience although some may be. Where it was chosen it will have a relevance to that individual.

It's certainly the case, though, that pain was not thrust upon us in the same way that no other experience was thrust upon us.

It's debatable that all pain is 'good' although it's likely that the experience of some pain may have a positive impact on our spiritual progress.

Kurt likes this.
  14. mac

Responsibility for what we currently experience comes about as a consequence of increasing levels of previous experience. As first-time incarnates we have had no previous experience in this world; it's all new to us. Hence we have little, if any, responsibility other than that of a 'beginner'. In that inexperienced state life happens both through us and to us - the conditions are not mutually-exclusive.

With increasing experience, by way of previous incarnations, we may need to assume more responsibility for the way our lives pan out, how we react to the experiences we have chosen or to those dropped on our doorstep. How we deal with them impacts our spiritual progress.

Kurt likes this.
  15. bluebird

"Life" is not its own entity. If what you are actually asking is whether the events of my life are occuring as a result of my own actions/inactions or as a result of forces outside of me (the actions of other people, etc.), then of course the answer is both, as it is for everyone.

Your statement that "there are no other choices" is rather short-sighted. Not everything in our existence is able to be reduced to pithy sayings like your set piece about life.

mac, Kurt and pandora97 like this.
  16. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

There are no other choices?

That's very close minded.

17. EminenceFront

EminenceFront Member

Sorry, strange things happening, My Firefox browser failed to log this site. I hate Opera. <shrugs>

There is no need to argue about differing perceptions of physical reality. #1 - Most/all-me? on the forum believe that it is handed to them, from where I don't know, but they have no power to create it, control it and use it for their best experiences.

IME, #2 - PR is self-created, easily controlled, fully understandable and I am fully responsible for it.

I have read that there are some who believe that both things happed. PR is, sometimes, their doings, sometimes not, although I fail to see how that could possibly work. So we can add a third category if you wish, the Confused.

That's it though. If you have chosen to experience PR scenario #1, that is a perfectly acceptable choice, you chose it for a reason. It's none of my business what those reasons are and there is no need to attempt to change minds. It can't be done but not for the reasons you will think.

If you chose #2, well, then you will experience the knowledge (theoretically and practically) of how Creation works, what true Laws govern it and synchronism will be your marker that you are following that path.

18. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I take it that you are a religious man?

19. bluebird

You are misperceiving how life works, and misunderstanding my response. Physical reality is one aspect of our lives. Some of the things that happen in our lives occur because of what we do or don't do, some of the things that happen in our lives occur because of what others do or don't do (family, friends, politicians, etc.), some of the things that happen in our lives occur because of a confluence of actions by ourselves and by others.

It is not a question of "choosing", entirely, as we cannot generally control what other people do. We can choose what we do or don't do, most of the time. All of this is the case whether or not there is a god/creator who has, as you put it "handed it (life) to us".

I am not at all confused about this, since I understand that I can control only my own decisions, my own actions and inactions, but not those of other people, even if their actions ultimately affect me. I can perhaps influence them, in the case of family/friends, but in the end only they control what they do. I find it rather odd that you don't understand this, and have only "read about it", and I believe it is you who is confused.

20. EminenceFront

EminenceFront Member

chuckle

No religious affiliations. The only church (grounds) I enter are the ones that ask me to speak.

Kurt likes this.