1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

I so miss my grandmother

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by amina89, Jul 26, 2014.

1. amina89

amina89 New Member

Hello all

New member here i found this forum after searching in google on this topic.

My grandmother died 8 years ago,recently for some reason i am starting to miss her a lot.I miss her smell,i miss kind words,how she spoke,her stories...i regret so much not asking her things i wish i did ask her while she was alive

Can she feel how i feel? its been 8 years,is she now fine in afterlife? well adjusted etc?

ps:sorry my bad english,it is not my first language

2. ravensgate

ravensgate Regular Contributor

Hello, amina89, and welcome to the forum. Yes, I do believe she can tell how you feel, believe she knows you miss her.
    I also believe they are just a thought away. As my daughter's boyfriend, who died in his sleep at the age of 29, said to me (I saw him), I just need to think of him and, in his words, "I'll be right there". I can see no good reason to think it'd be otherwise for your grandmother :)

3. amina89

amina89 New Member

You saw him? wow,what else did he say?

Do you believe we will meet our family and ancestors once we die?

4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Anima89, your grandmother is fine! Human minds are eternal; death is impossible for us, and it is unfortunate that this basic truth about reality is not more widely known. Please browse this forum! It is full of information about what actually is going on, compiled by knowledgeable people who really want to help you. And if you will PM your address to me, I will be happy to send you a copy of my book, The Fun of Dying, which will both tell you about where your grandmother is now and give you a list of useful resources. Next month we will be publishing a companion volume, The Fun of Staying in Touch, which will talk about the many ways in which our loved ones give us signs of their survival and ways in which we are learning to more effectively communicate with them. Your grandmother is right there with you, dear, and it is very likely that she led you to look for this information. You are embarking on a wonderful journey. The news is all good! Big hug, dear, and please let us know how it goes for you!

5. ravensgate

ravensgate Regular Contributor

Well, in all honesty I think he finally appeared because I was being a pest, lol By that I mean that I just could not/would not accept the fact that he was gone from this planet, that I would no longer be able to see him, and I was wondering where he was, if he was ignoring me, if , if, if.... So when I did see him, he basically told me that I needed to quit carrying on like this; interestingly, he was not angry but I could tell he was a bit annoyed. He then added the part I mentioned in my previous post, that all I need to do is to think of him (not crying and feel so negative) and he'd be here. Perhaps it is true that negativity impedes communication; what do you think?