1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

I literally woke up to this..

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by ShingingLight1967, Aug 1, 2016.

1. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 Active Member

I was never able to sleep when my husband wasn't at home. When he would go away, I always slept on his side of the bed with the TV on. Since is passing, while I have moved back to my side of the bed, I still have slept with the TV on, every night for over 7 months.

Last night, I did my usual get up in the middle of the night to use the facilities... and went straight back to sleep, my usual MO.

However, last night.... I woke back up because I heard this conversation with Oprah and Jack Kornfield. Never heard of this person before, but this is what I awoke to. All I could think to myself... someone is trying to tell me something and I need to listen.

https://youtu.be/ZKvsSxLu1Lg

2. Sabrina S

Sabrina S New Member

Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope the clip was something that helped you and I enjoyed listening to Jack Kornfield. I went to a weekend workshop offered by him and Stan Grof, over 2 decades ago. I think he's truly a serene and spiritual person who's down to earth.
    One night, at the workshop he showed fearless compassion, in getting a tarantula out of our room, alive,when my spider hating &( smashing) husband and I called on him, as he was walking by. I usually did any spider removal duty but I was intimidated too! Back then he quietly offered comfort and counsel to anyone within earshot who asked for it.
    I hope you heard something that conversation that comforts you in your loss and opened up some possibilities for you.

ShingingLight1967 likes this.