1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

I hear voices when falling asleep

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Amore, Jan 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Amore

Amore Active Member

Thank you ravensgate!
    Yes I have had a lot of stress the past two years, especially emotional stress, but also financial problems and health issues. I experienced a lot of negative emotions, fear, sadness, anger etc. Like I said above I had three or four nightmares too. So that could certainly factor in.
    But over the same time period I also felt that my psychic abilities became stronger, for example I knew both when my uncle had died as well as when Leonard Cohen died before hearing it from someone. My deceased father also visited me during sleep (in a dream) as well as when awake. So I was wondering whether I had generally opened up to the spirit world more and in turn am also more open for disincarnate voices to get through to me.
    The voices don't bother me much as they don't happen often and don't feel unfriendly, just a bit too much sometimes (such as when they actually startle me because they are loud and sudden). But I do take notice and want to know why this happens because I have never experienced something like this before.
    Because you and bluebird think they are likely natural occurrences of my brain falling asleep I think I will just relax and watch it a bit more and see if they become more frequent or change in any way, or maybe stop again.

2. kim

kim Active Member

Do voices, or situations, from our past lives enter the thoughts of the life we are currently living here on earth?

3. bluebird

bluebird Regular Contributor

No one can tell you that for sure, because no human can know that definitively. In my opinion, if past lives / reincarnation do exist (and it has not been proven that they do), then I think it may be possible that events or people or situations from past lives may pop up in our subconscious minds during the current life. I mean, if the point of living more than one life is to learn from each of them, then it would only make sense, in my opinion, to be able to access and utilize in this life something learned in a past life. If that is the case, then I doubt most people hear voices in connection with such events, though perhaps some do. The more likely explanation for audio hallucinations, if heard often, while very much awake, and excluding problems with one's hearing, would be schizophrenia or similar mental illnesses (whereas if they are often heard while one is falling asleep or waking up, that's more likely just related to sleeping, dreaming, etc.).

4. Ski

Ski

I have heard it, but I chalked it up to falling asleep.

Mainly, I have had a couple incidents of hearing bombs, cannons, and guns going off before I wake up. I have read somewhere that it is common....however, I had a past life regression in my 20s, and saw myself as a soldier. I've also seen this in dreams, amd I died young. So I don't know if it's a bleed through of the trauma I experienced in that life....or if was apart of the normal phenomenon of what I read about. It's suppose to be common to hear explosions for some people, before they wake up. It's happened randomly for me.

Amore likes this.
  5. bluebird

bluebird Regular Contributor

Ski,
    That may be "exploding head syndrome", which is very odd but harmless.