1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

I have so much to say!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Rebekah, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Hi. I'm new here. My name is Rebekah, I'm 39 and live on a small island in British Columbia. My boyfriend, Jared, took his life almost 3 weeks ago. I have received so many signs from him, extraordinary and supernatural ones too that I feel I must tell the world. I grew up strict Christian, so all I knew was heaven and hell. Now I know so much more and I 100% believe in the afterlife. So many people do not and that is why their grief is ongoing and they cannot move on with their lives. I know he is still here, I know he is always around. He is not gone. I want to tell the world! I feel I could help ease so much sadness and bring hope. But where do I start!

2. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Hello and welcome. For having lost your boyfriend to suicide a few weeks ago you seem to be doing quite emotionally well. Lord knows that wouldn’t be the case with me and I absolutely believe in the afterlife without a shadow of a doubt.

Some people process and internalize their feelings/emotions differently than others. I don’t think people not believing in the afterlife correlates with grieving. There are a lot of members here who are grieving right now and do believe in an afterlife. The issue with some if not most however, is not having that same human physical connection that they’ve once had before. That’s where the bulk of the grieving stems from. Perhaps grieving inhibits communication with entities who have passed on, but not necessarily ones belief in an afterlife.

In any event, nice to have you here and welcome again.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  3. Hi. When I said a lot of people don't believe in the afterlife, I wasn't referring to members on here. I googled "my boyfriend passed away" and went thru 9 websites before I got to one that spoke about the afterlife. Knowing that he is here/there is making this so much easier. I can't imagine what state I would be in if I didn't know that. I guess the place to tell the world wouldn't be on an afterlife forum? I believe that this is now my main purpose in life, to let everyone know.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

welcome to ALF :) I think you'll quickly find that here you're preaching to the choir but it's heartening to learn that you're persuaded of our eternal nature - the body dies but not the spirit. :) Mainstream religion often has little to offer. ;) It's good you've moved on from the notions it sometimes uses to indoctrinate followers.

As for telling the world what you've found it's not necessarily easy but don't let it put you off trying. Many, though, will find it hard to accept it and personal experience makes such a difference in this regard.

Please take a look around at the forums and read some of the threads; I think you'll enjoy them. :)

5. poeticblue

poeticblue member

I never said you were.

I was more so wondering why you think someone’s grief would inhibit them in believing of an afterlife? Grief may inhibit communication with entities in the afterlife, but not so much belief.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

7. Hi. What I was trying to say that those who don't believe in the afterlife have a harder time coping, or so I've found in my research. I didn't believe until a few weeks ago, and if I didn't believe I would be a complete mess right now. But Jared has shown me so many signs, he has helped me so much. And I wish the same for everyone.

8. mac

mac Staff Member

Re the above bolded text, I wish it were that way too.

You're so privileged to know what you do and because you know and have accepted the reality of survival it will be helping your Jared. If you're not already doing it send him your love and tell him you know he's around. That will confirm for him that you truly do know. :)