1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

I feel so lost...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by jambokaos87, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Hello everybody,

I've recently found this board and thought I would sign up as some of the posts that I've read have struck a chord with me emotionally.

Sadly last Wednesday it was my uncle's funeral and lately I have began to question every aspect of my existence. I think from an emotional standpoint it evoked a lot of memories of when my father passed away in 2010.

From a very early age I've always felt/known that there is something more to this world than meets the eye. When I was younger I had no problems believing in the after life but lately I've been going through a huge crisis of faith and I've become more and more cynical each day.

I think I just need some kind of proof that both my father and uncle are not gone forever. I know that I'm perhaps being too selfish in this but I can't help but feel this way.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

God bless

2. Welcome to the family, Jambokaos87! I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your Uncle and Father but please know this is only a short, temporary separation. You have come to the right place for love, support, guidance and knowledge. There are some amazing people in this forum and I'm certain through them you will find your way to a more peaceful and loving existence. Never feel lost or alone, you are loved! :D

3. Thank you for your kind words orangeysky!

I've always been fascinated by metaphysics and the paranormal but I can't understand why I've developed such cynism towards it lately?

4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi Jambokaos97! Welcome to AfterlifeForums.com! You're not being selfish at all - it is completely natural to feel as though you need some type of tangible proof that the afterlife exists. The good news is that there actually a plethora of such proof! Perhaps you could go to a reputable medium, if you would like to make contact to with your father and uncle? One of the cheapest, but still great, ones is Willa White, who can do a reading for you over the phone (which is just as reliable as in person).

Also, there are many books that you could get to help learn about the afterlife and the fact that there is a lot of proof of its existence. I would recommend The Fun of Dying, by Roberta Grimes to start. It will give you a comprehensive overview of the evidence. Another great book, that is filled with scientific evidence is Your Eternal Self, by R. Craig Hogan. You can find that for free on Craig's website. These are my two absolute favorite books, but there are honestly hundreds that are filled with reliable evidence, proof, and descriptions of the afterlife. You can check our our online bookstore for a complete list of all our recommended books.

What OrangeSky says is right - this is only a temporary separation. You will all be reunited again, without a doubt! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask us!

5. Thank you for the reading suggestions.

I have read and studied the subject from both sides of the coin and I'm somewhat naturally skeptical but not to the point where I dismiss possibilities without even considering the evidence.

As for the medium I'm in the UK and don't really know of any genuine mediums. I don't know if going to visit a medium would be worthwhile as I find it hard to trust their information. Here in the UK a lot of "celebrity mediums" have been exposed as fakes (Derek Acorah etc).
    When I read stories of the spirit world something deep inside agrees. I know this isn't a good description but I find at times I'm my own worst enemy as I think "what if I'm feeling this way to comfort myself". The only person I can confide in about these matters is my wonderful mum and it terrifies me when I realise she won't be here on the earth plane for ever :(

6. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I'm in the US, so I don't know of any reliable mediums in the UK - sorry! If you can afford the long-distance cost, I would try out Willa White. I believe that a 30 minute over the phone reading is only $50 (€37.86). She is very reliable, and will certainly get you thinking - if not convince you. I'm always quite skeptical of celebrity mediums, but Willa White is not really that famous, as far as I know.

It is hard at first to figure out whether you're just thinking what will be comforting to you, or whether you are really discovering the truth. Ultimately though, when you see just how much evidence is out there, you realize that it is a greater leap of faith to say that afterlife doesn't exist, than to say that it does! The evidence is out there, there's no need to go based on believe alone!

7. Half of Us

Half of Us New Member

I can relate to the crisis in believing. In my case I know that it is totally because of the lack of any signs from my husband. Since his death, there has been nothing, and that is what I am beginning to feel is out there - nothing.

8. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi Half of Us! There are various reasons why you may not be hearing from your husband. You're probably already aware of them, but I'll list them here just in case, and for any future readers who share your feelings.

1. Time:
    I'm not sure how long your husband has been dead, but I believe it is less than a year, right? Depending on the your husband's life, it's effects, and what exactly he's doing right now, he may not be ready to contact you yet. Sometimes the firs thing the dead do is contact their deceased loved ones - but a lot of the time they take some time to acclimate before going to that step. The death experience is very subjective so, depending on the person, that acclimation period can take long time or not long at all. Besides, we cannot look at this from our time perspective, we must use theirs - and time isn't real there!

2. No Reason:
    A lot of people, once read, really do not take that much time to communicate with the living if they don't have a good reason to do so. It is very rare for people just to go through the process to say something like "Hi. I'm alive. Guess what? There's no death." Most of the time, that's part of the message, but there's usually something more as well. Think of it this way, there is no time there. The dead know that we will be with them in a couple of minutes, and so they don't bother trying to send us signs that we normally don't notice.

3. Given Up:
    Often, if we do not notice the signs that the deceased send at first, they eventually stop sending them. It takes a lot of effort/work to send signs so, if you didn't notice them, it is entirely possible that your husband decided to spend his time doing something else. I know that that sounds kind of cruel, but only from our perspective. They realize that, eventually, we'll get the message. Also, I know that you were grieving heavily (and likely still are to some extent), so that could certainly impede your ability to notice signs, so your husband may be waiting for you to be more open.

4. You might not need signs:
    One final possibility is that you will progress spiritually more easily without signs. This is the case with some people - they don't need to notice signs to grow and learn here, and some people do better without signs for some reason. You'll only receive contact if it is beneficial to you.

I'm sorry that I cannot give you one definite reason why you are not receiving messages or signs from your husband. Perhaps you could see a medium? Have you do so already?

9. Identity

Identity Inactive

Hi!

Hey, I am exactly the same way, so kudos on finding fellow companions here. In regards to your uncle, what matters is what he left behind. Even if there is no afterlife, your uncle still effected many and was effected by many. Your memories of him and queries show that he was a good man who lived caring for others and touching the lives of many. That is what counts. Whatever happens to him now, we believe that he will get a review showing every way he has touched other peoples lives and vice versa. Regardless of belief, we can both agree that his existence mattered and he will be missed on the earth plane.

The good news is that he left a ripple effect going. It's like the movie "Pay it Forward" where you do one act of kindness to one person, and that person has to do something kind to someone else, and so on. If anything, we are glad to have you here and enjoy your curiosity. By the way, check that movie out. It's a gem.

10. Andrew

Andrew Guest

This is so true, dear Identity. Still though, it is great that we do get to meet our loved ones again!