1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

I feel like I'm going crazy : (

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by KMB999, Oct 9, 2018.

1. kim

kim Active Member

The original message (now old anyway as just realised) wasn't posted by kim.-This was a post by Mac
    And Mac clears up everything!

Jen_always_Jen likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

interesting story - I happen to be a Brit. (English to be correct) Spiritualist by the way.... It's a broad church here, though, with few like myself. That "Brit Spiritualist" you encountered was probably a medium, or maybe just a sensitive, something your old dad would have 'spotted' and made the most of to reach out to you in that lift.

I doubt anything you've written will have upset anyone here and we're not generally tetchy anyway. If you find time to look at the range of topics that have been discussed you'll get a good flavor/flavour for what we talk about. :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

Feeling confused has become a regular part of my dotage! :D;):)

4. Jen_always_Jen

Jen_always_Jen New Member

I’m English too! She was a very interesting lady, and grew up in the spiritualist church, with her mum.

(I tend to go through life working mainly on experience and intuition - I trust mine, but, lately I’ve decided to read up on certain things. I spend time each day talking to my guides, and am especially interested in life plans at the moment).

Will post in the appropriate forums once have done some more reading.

Thanks Mac and thanks Kim!

Jen

5. kim

kim Active Member

:):cool:

6. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

I understand the sadness and feeling lost- I've had some family members pass away within the last year or so.
    I still have difficult days, but the first couple of months were truly awful.
    Regardless of whether there is, or isn't, something more, and how it works, I think it's important to let yourself grieve and go through whatever you need to go through without reservation.
    Cry, if you need to cry. It's OK, and can be liberating.
    You're not alone in that- many here have experienced the pain of loss as well. I know it's still unique to each of us, but I also think it can be way to connect with others and free ourselves from the pain, to let it go.

If you are looking for a medium, I recommend looking into the 'Family First Foundation' and the 'Windbridge Institute', as I've read they may be reputable, and they have a process to verify the level of mediumship applicants have.
    (Disclaimer: I have not personally used a medium through them. I plan on using one of their recommended mediums at some point in the future)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  7. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

The best thing for grief is to read about after-life research. Also to realise that death is just a fact of life, which happens to all sooner or later. Crying is inevitable, but gave me a constant headache. This was my favourite quotation when my son died in 2016. I put it somewhere else here but quote it again as it's such a mature reflection and comes from a 16-year old British boy, Max Edwards, who also died in 2016:-

"While my life may be all I know, I'm nothing more than a dot on this planet. When you take into account the dozens of people I know, the billions I don't, the thousands of miles that separate us and the ever-running river of time on which we all finitely float, you may come to the inevitable and strangely comforting realisation that we are all going to die; you, me and everyone else. Get over it"

I hung onto this and it worked well for me for a year and a half, until I experienced ADC's, then started my research. Now two and a half years later I had a mediumship reading last week which rather startled me, detailed on the thread "psychic reading and mediumship". So, chin up!

Convolution likes this.
  8. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

I think it's a very wise quote- I like it!