1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

I feel like I'm going crazy : (

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by KMB999, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Jen_always_Jen

Jen_always_Jen New Member

Kim,

So sorry for your loss. Grief is a difficult process and our mind and bodies go through a tumble drier of emotions.

Absolutely DO cry, it’s an essential part of the process.

You will dream about her, your mind will be on her constantly because her loss is so shocking to the core and it’s a difficult adjustment.

Don’t fear grief: it has to be experienced in order for YOU to move on.

As for your loved one who has died, she won’t be trapped in some place between earth and the afterlife. If you feel her perhaps she’s actually just telling you she’s alright and trying to send you comfort.

I personally get the sense that this is all too raw for you to see a medium. If anything consider grief therapy and then perhaps see a medium in a couple of years when you have emotionally healed.

Death is as much a part of life as birth, we should celebrate it, not fear it. Just as a baby picks its moment to be born, I do truly believe we often pick our moments to exit and move on to a new adventure.

You’re absolutely not going crazy - what would be crazy is no reaction to a loved one’s death and not thinking a thing of it.

When my brother died, I was just 11 and spoke to him in my head for about 3 months. I asked if it was really real and he said yes, so I made him promise not to appear as a ghost! :)

I do believe there’s a veil between the two worlds and feel that my dad, who also died, has now reincarnated as I can no longer sense him as I used to be able to do.

One thing that might help is quietly talking to her in your head and sending her love, wishing her well and promising that whilst of course you are sad and will miss her that you will try hard to enjoy and savour all the pleasure in life that she can’t.

I have never been to this forum before so I hope everything I have said is ok. I’m speaking from my heart and felt drawn to come here and read your message and reply.

You won’t always be in so much pain: it does get better and you will heal. Sending love and healing to you and your mum.

Jen

UPDATE: Doh! I thought that had been posted just today for some reason! Now I can see it’s a few months old. Hope you’re feeling better now Kim, if you see this! :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

Your earnest thoughts - your 'prayers' as some call them - will always reach the one appropriate. Your 'everyday' thoughts will reach to an appropriate level too, although perhaps a different 'level'.

As Roberta has replied, for those we'd like to encourage to communicate - often those in the level closest to our own - a verbal message may be most effective. Remember they've not long since been using words themselves and that way of communication may still feel relevant and most comfortable. Know also that even a message-out-loud is anyway accompanied by the thought. A belt-and-braces (suspenders) situation! ;):):D

3. mac

mac Staff Member

The original message (now old anyway as just realised) wasn't posted by kim.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

It's a possibility that your dad has reincarnated but your losing your feel for his presence doesn't automatically mean that. It's a subject often discussed here on ALF - welcome to the website. :)

Jen_always_Jen likes this.
  5. kim

kim Active Member

Glad you picked up on that Mac.:)

6. Jen_always_Jen

Oops haha will lurk for longer before posting.

7. mac

mac Staff Member

;):)

8. mac

mac Staff Member

Anyone can make an oopsie and I enjoy contributors much more than lurkers. :)

9. Jen_always_Jen

True and actually a British spiritualist I visited a few years ago said he literally followed me into the lift and then into the room she was in waiting for our appointment and she almost had trouble listening to me because he was talking to her so much, which would have been exactly what he would have done. She didn’t know he had died but I had his old passport in my bag with me that day as it happens.

However, since then his moving on is just a broad, general feeling I have - specifically to him and not other loved ones I have lost - but in his case I feel like he had unfinished business here. Perhaps time is a bit irrelevant but also he died quite a long time ago now.

I could be completely wrong though. I’m cool with it rather than upset at the idea. Apologies if the idea upsets anyone as I may have got it wrong. I will stop rambling now but thanks for your reply. :)

Jen

10. kim

kim Active Member

That is alright. :cool: I was just confused!:)