1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

I feel like I'm going crazy : (

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by KMB999, Oct 9, 2018.

1. KMB999

KMB999 New Member

First I'm sorry to put the title the way that I did.... but that's how I feel. I am not one to sugarcoat things. I have always been very intuitive and definitely an empath. Working a busy lifestyle in Corporate America I haven't had the time to figure out all my other gifts and to focus on them. Recently someone in my family passed away very dear to me and I am having a very hard time.
    I feel like that person is around me and has not gone to the light. I get an upsetting sad almost hopeless feeling and I don't know what to do. I can't talk to my friends or family I don't want to upset them more.
    I guess I was just wondering if someone could tell me if that person is still here .... not able to move on? I don't understand why I feel that. On the 11th the person will be gone for a month. I'm purposely not putting who it is in case they come across to someone on here.

I just want my heart to feel settled I don't like the way I feel right now. I feel like if the person is not in peace I am not in peace if that makes sense. I'm fighting my tears coming out right now because I've also heard if you cry and you are upset you will not let their soul settle is it me that's keeping them here??
    I feel so lost

2. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

Welcome to ALF! I wish I could give you some assurances but I'm very new at this myself. You'll be hearing from others here I'm sure. However, I think it's safe to say that your tears are just a normal part of grieving and they are not what's keeping your family member here. It might just feel to him/her that there is still some unfinished business to attend to before moving on...…..

KMB999 likes this.
  3. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I don't know if there is an afterlife, but if there is then I tend to agree with pandora's post/assessment. Please do not feel guilty; I don't think your loved one would still be here if s/he didn't want to be.

KMB999 likes this.
  4. KMB999

KMB999 New Member

Thank you both... I'm not sure why I'm feeling this way. I do dream about the person all the time. And I knew they died before I was told.
    I just knew..... what are your thoughts about Consulting a medium?

5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

welcome to ALF :)

If you're as sensitive as you suggest then you may be picking up on the - transient - emotions of the family member who has passed over. Perhaps the best you can do is to send out your love to the person and tell her/him you are thinking of them, that they're not alone. Speak out loud or do it in your thoughts - whichever one feels best for you personally. This may feel weird but can help both her/him and yoursel to accept the situation. There likely is no point in speaking to other family unless you know that they feel similarly to yourself.

Individuals who have passed are no on ther own - around them will be others to help them achieve their return to life outside of the physical body. I can't tell you if he/she is still where you think and I would be cautious about asking others. Whatever their answer how would it change anything?

You're trapped between a rock and a hard place. Your spiritual/emotional understanding doesn't enable you to help directly and leaves you unsettled and anxious. It's something that undeveloped sensitives often experience based on accounts I've read. BUT the situation of your family member is not down to any action or any omission on your part. You have NO responsibility for their situation or for trying to remedy it.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! You'll hear all kinds of stuff from all kinds of people, mostly from those with little understanding, evident when they say such things. Your emotions, your tears are a result of how you sense your family member feels. Your tears and emotions ARE NOT ITS CAUSE.

I'm sorry to read this. I think you'll feel less lost if you can find some time to stay with ALF and with our folk who understand your position and empathise.

Kurt and KMB999 like this.
  6. pandora97

Have you consulted a medium in the past?

7. mac

As a long-time Modern Spiritualist I would have no reservation about your visiting a medium. BUT as you're in America I have concerns because what's meant by medium is often very different from what this Limey means by the word.

From what you've already told us I class you as a sensitive and possibly/probably a psychic. Your family member is likely to be able to 'see your light' and may be drawing close for comfort or out of curiosity. That may be what's happening with you. I am sure it would help you to understand more about your sensitivity and an experienced medium should be able to help. That said finding such a medium may be as hard as finding hens teeth!

Other than that a competent 'spiritual medium' might be able to calm your emotions if she/he could reach your family member, find out 'what's happening' and maybe help her/him on their way.

8. Kelly Oden

Kelly Oden New Member

You should better take teh advice of psychic reader who can guide you in a better way.

9. mac

That's something to be cautious about unless you know from previous experience that a particular psychic reader can give advice that is appropriate and reliable.

KMB999 likes this.
  10. KMB999

KMB999 New Member

Thank you all for your responses I really appreciate it. I have never consulted a medium I wouldn't even know where to begin. Last night I must have cried for about 4 hours straight because it's exactly one month from when my father passed. For some reason I felt like he left and he is okay???

I guess I just want someone to confirm what I already feel. I know that us crying and feeling upset won't hurt his soul but I just want to make sure.

11. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I came to afterlife forums to learn about the structure of the afterlife. I do not know a lot about medoumship, but I have picked up a few things.

1 it's not your fault.

2 they are probably surrounded by spirit guides.

3 I hope the website makes you happy.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    KMB999 likes this.
  12. pandora97

Yes, I saw the warm welcomes you've received from other members. I would also like to congratulate you on your marriage and the other positive changes in your life. I've only been a member since the end of December and I'm new to the search for answers on the afterlife. I don't post much...…….mostly because I don't know much!:p Welcome back!:)

KMB999 and Kurt like this.
  13. mac

14. pandora97

15. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

It's fine. I don't think it was because of you Pandora.

KMB999 and pandora97 like this.
  16. pandora97

:)

17. KMB999

KMB999 New Member

My mom is here with me tonight, she agrees on the medium. Does anyone suggest someone who is legit ?? I think it can help put her soul at ease as well as mine ( some ) I am feeling more peaceful today. I know its just going to take time.

Thank you all ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

18. mac

May I suggest you contact Roberta at rgrimes@robertagrimes.com to see if she can suggest a medium?

I hope members, too, may be able to help with their experiences of any mediums they have visited.

Kurt likes this.
  19. mac

No problem - it was only because comments about member Alert's postings were pulling focus away from PMB's issues.

Kurt likes this.
  20. mac

If you do go to see a 'spiritual medium' there are a few basics that should help make your visit most productive and persuasive. These are my 'tips':

Try to find out beforehand what you can expect - or not expect - from any particular medium you might be considering. That will help you make up your mind if it's what you actually WANT.

Once you know what to expect try to be open-minded but not unquestioning. There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't ask questions of the medium. If it's during the sitting she may ask you to wait to avoid interrupting the flow of information but should answer your questions later.

DON'T absolutely DON'T volunteer information eg who you're hoping will communicate, their relationship, name etc. That's up to the medium to GIVE TO YOU in as much detail as it's possible for her to get - it's not likely to be everything you'd like but it may be enough for you to be confident about who's communicating.

Answer the medium's questions honestly with yes, no or along the lines of "I don't know" / "I'm unsure". DON'T give information to the medium and don't sit there trying to make things fit. DO try to remember what's been said but better yet record the sitting if the medium agrees to it or have a notebook and write down anything you need to as a 'memory jerker' for later.

Kurt and pandora97 like this.