1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

I Feel as Though I Have Been Punched in The Face By an E-mail

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by DenverGuy, Feb 19, 2018.

1. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I completely understand, Rising. Like you and like DenverGuy, there will never be any "moving on" for me; the very idea of it is insulting, as you said. For some people, loving someone else and maybe getting married again is something that they want -- that's fine for them, I don't fault them for it, although I truly do not understand it. But just as that may be the right path for some people, not dating anyone else or having sex with anyone else or marrying anyone else or loving anyone else is the right path for other people, and I am one of those people in the second group. My husband is not only the love of my life, he is the love of my existence, the love of my soul. There never has been and never will be anyone else for me. Just like you think about your husband all the time, I think about my husband all the time, and literally all I want is to die as soon as possible and, if there is an afterlife, to be with him again.
    Rising likes this.
  2. pandora97

pandora97 Member

One of my favorite aunts just passed on in late October. She was 91. She lost her husband in 1957. She had three small children to raise 6, 5 & 3. For 60 years she cared for her children and herself and never so much as looked at another man. I'm happy for her now that she is able to be with the love of her life once again. Some of us were meant to spend our lives with just one spouse. My heart goes out to those of you here that have lost your soul mates.
    SashaS likes this.
  3. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Val, without sounding trite, I am sorry that circumstances have led you here. This site is terrific. I have been on one of the grieving sites and the people are helpful there, but I don't find the content to be uplifting at all. It's easy to understand why. This site, on the other hand, is a lot more positive, for lack of a better word.

Another cringe-worthy piece of "advice" is this gem: It takes time! Sure, we adjust but something like this never heals.

You said this: " I don't want to stop crying over him because I don't want to lose these feelings about him, he is my world. " I know what what you mean and I have said the same thing to many others. They just don't get it. I have had two professionals tell me that that's not how I should see it, that the love can be there without the pain. I could explain why I - and I believe you - feel as we do. But I think you know why I disagree with them. Please watch this for a slightly different take. (Don't be put off by the "5 stages" part at the beginning. She explains that it's nonsense).

Thank you for your kind words. I hope are able to get (or maintain) some kind communication with your husband. I hope you stay with this site and get something good from it. Thank you!
    Bill Z, bluebird and SashaS like this.
  4. Rising

Rising Member

Thank you DenverGuy and Blubird for your replies, When I sit down later with a cup of Tea I will watch the clip about Grief DG and thanks for sharing, love to you both xx
  5. Rising

Rising Member

Pandora, I am so happy your aunt is now back with the love of her life, when the day comes when we pass over, it will be fantastic to see all our loved ones xx
  6. Rising

Rising Member

I've just watched it...Thank you Denver guy.☺☺☺☺☺
  7. Maria

Maria Member

Bluebird, DG, and Rising, you all mirror exactly how I feel. Life has no meaning since Peter passed, and I feel a part of me was buried with him. If I won billions on the lottery it would bring no joy, and I just live one day at a time. No one could ever fill his place, and I desperately want to believe that when this nightmare life I am forced to endure is over, that I will be reunited with him. I find ALF a sanctuary where I can share my grief with those who understand and feel equal anguish.

DG, have you had your appointment with the other medium yet? I hope that when you do you will find peace of mind from messages conveyed to you by Mila, and the proof that she is still with you but on an unseen vibration.

Rising, on the subject of mediums have you consulted any since your husband’s death, and have you experienced any ADCs from him?

Pandora 97, I was uplifted by your story, and I hope that your aunt and her husband are happy and together again in a beautiful place.
    pandora97 likes this.
  8. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I very much hope that there is an afterlife, and that each of us will be reunited with our soulmate (and other loved ones) there, after this life.
    pandora97 likes this.
  9. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

Many really gifted mediums have commented on that fear that our loved ones will have moved on to another lifetime and won't be there to greet us. Some of them say that only extremely young, undeveloped souls (or ones who died exceptionally violently/unexpectedly) reincarnate quickly. The ones who've lived many lives wait between lives and tend to return to the earth with their most beloved members of their soul group, again and again.

Another comment I've read in a number of books by mediums is that each of us is like a facet of a large, many-faceted gem, which is the oversoul. The part of the oversoul that is us in any given incarnation doesn't necessarily reincarnate and may wait for all the other parts to advance to the same level before the oversoul moves on to another level of the afterlife.

I've read hundreds of books on the afterlife and not yet seen anyone unable to contact a loved one due to the latter having moved on or reincarnated. In one instance, the oversoul did "graduate" to the next level, but the facets who still had loved ones incarnated here remained able to wait for them and stay in contact with them and involved in their lives. And, of course, some souls choose not to incarnate here again. I think we always do have a choice, since we can grow on the Other Side too. Also, I have memories of a former life, so I don't "believe in" reincarnation, I know it's real. But I think it likely that the selves from the 2 lifetimes I know most about are still in the Summerland and I believe I will reunite with them again someday. Just my take on it after studying the literature, seeing mediums and remembering being here before.
    mac likes this.
  10. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

nicely explained :)