1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

How to perform Self-Hypnosis

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by janef, Mar 1, 2014.

1. ilovelearninhg

ilovelearninhg Regular Contributor

That is amazing. I'm trying to stay out of the doctors office as much as I can. I have asthma and allergies. The asthma I have had under control for awhile-but I get terrible sinus infections when the weather changes, in air conditioning,etc...I get them quite often. They can be debilitating because it is scary not to be able to breathe out of the nose very well. It also ends up infecting my ears and going to my chest and I get terrible stabbing headaches from it so I am forced to go to the doctor for antibiotics. I've tried allergy shots, for six months I took them, but I had a huge rash on my arm from the last round, and was too scared to continue. I've tried neti pots, garlic, raw honey, sinus rinses, steroid nose sprays, you name it I've tried it. My antihistamine helps me breathe pretty well when I don't have the sinus infection. And I have a steam inhaler which gets me by until I can see the dr. Switching to another kind of antihistamine won't help-I've tried all of them and something too strong gives me myclonic jerks at night, not to mention dizziness during the day. Something milder doesn't work. Not to mention the hormonal fluctuations for a woman in her forties-sorry if too tmi lol. And I refuse to take any synthetic hormone to regulate it-I do take a supplement that has eliminated hot flashes and for that I am grateful. But these sinus infections are very frustrating. I'm hoping self healing may be the ticket. I don't want the trouble or expense of sinus surgery right now either I'd rather go the natural route.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  2. Highlander

Highlander Active Member

ilovelearning, I will PM you.

3. ilovelearninhg

Ok Thanks.

4. janef

janef Moderator

i love learning... gosh girl...it sure is worth a try. I had some success with a sinus issue years ago... not as severe as yours, but I never had it again. That is all you have to do with hypnosis is give it a try. I had no idea it was going to heal my severe rash.... I was shocked! That is why he gave the suggestion for only one foot, so we would know it wasn't a coincidence. Really... what does that tell you about what your mind can do? It is our internal healer!

One idea for a visualization is to imagine a forest with special trees that fill the air with healing properties... :)

I am going on vacation for a week so probably wont be online. My sincere wishes for some healing!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  5. ilovelearninhg

Thanks Janef. Highlander was very helpful too. Have a good vacation!

6. In my step-daughter's middle school one of the gym teachers devoted a few classes each month to guided meditations using a cd. Kelly told me how "laid back" everyone was afterwards. So you'd think the kids would practice it on their own rather than being glued to their iphones? Not in our society...

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

7. One thing I've noticed anytime I attempt things like meditation, self-hypnosis, or lucid dream training, I always have some absolutely crazy and vivid dreams. Not that I don't normally have dreams but it seems like the intensity of these dreams increases exponentially when I attempt these things, which I always attempt right before bedtime. It's like I'm priming my brain/conscious for some wild dreams when I settle my mind so much before I sleep. I think it's pretty cool so I need to make time to do these things more often.

Curious if anyone else has similar occurrences when attempting things like this?

8. Highlander

Highlander Active Member

Kudos to the teacher. Hopefully that kind of teaching will spread and become the norm, but I'm not holding my breath. People need to give their electronics boxes a rest and get back to what's real like exercising and actually communicating face-to-face. Ah, the good 'ol days. I will now get off my soap box before I get carried away.