1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

How to get evidence of afterlife?

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Amitanshu Bose, Dec 7, 2017 at 2:58 AM.

1. Amitanshu Bose

Amitanshu Bose New Member

What are the different evidence of afterlife?
    How can we contact a deceased one?

2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Amitanshu,

Each person who responds to your questions will have her/his own answers, and you may find that some of those answers appeal to you more, or make more sense to you, than others.

In my opinion, there is no definitive proof of the afterlife; however, that doesn't mean that there isn't an afterlife. I remain agnostic regarding the possible existence of an afterlife, although I fervently hope there is one in which I will soon be reunited with my beloved husband.

Different things will constitute "evidence" or "proof" to different people. I think that for me, the only thing that would truly convince me would be if my husband somehow visited me in a way that I could not doubt, and ideally if he were able to speak to me during that visit, and explain it to me at least a little bit. Some other people need similar specific, personal proof from their dead loved ones, whereas others find that reading about NDEs or going to mediums or reading channeled material (and/or various other possibilities) constitute sufficient evidence for them.

It's good to examine everyone's responses, and to examine various things that different people feel constitute evidence of an afterlife, but ultimately only you can decide, for yourself, what you consider to be valid evidence of an afterlife.

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

There are decades of compiled evidence of communication by those once thought to be dead. This website is about afterlife issues so it goes without saying that the site's main thrust is trying to help those who want to understand more about the situation. It's not intended to try to persuade you one way or another. As bluebird points out it's your choice.

Mostly you can't just contact someone who has died but there are ways of reaching out to them or for them to reach out to you. Here you can find accounts, however, from members fortunate to have had contact with their loved ones passed over.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 3:51 AM
  4. Amitanshu Bose

Amitanshu Bose New Member

I do believe in afterlife and spirit workd from before.... i want to know more about it..

5. mac

Then you might be in the right place to learn more. What have you learned already and from where? What are you now wanting to find out?

6. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

There is frankly a ton of evidence out there, more than I can keep up with. I'm assuming this site has a compilation of recommended resources somewhere. If not, here are some places to begin:

- Heading Towards Omega, Kenneth Ring (NDEs)
    - Evidence for the Afterlife, Long & Perry (NDEs)
    - A Lawyer Presents the Evidence for the Afterlife, Victor Zammit (various sources)
    - The Last Frontier, Julia Assante (various sources)
    - The Afterlife Experiments, Gary Schwartz (scientific study of mediums)
    - Science and the Afterlife Experience, Chris Carter (various)
    - God and the Afterlife, Long (NDEs)

Other sources of evidence are evidence for God in general, the basics of Christianity, paranormal phenomena (e.g., ghosts), and reincarnation, all of which can be found if you're willing to dig a little.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017 at 5:44 AM
  7. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Member

Zammit's book is a good place to start, since you can get it for free and it provides an overview of all the various kinds of evidence, of which there are a great many.

8. mac

Until we hear again from the new member we don't really know what she's looking for. Recorded accounts may not be what she's seeking, perhaps preferring to experience directly to learn about these matters.

I hope she'll let us know what specifically she's seeking.