1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

How To Cut The Ego Out

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by innerperson, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

o_O

2. yewman54

yewman54 Member

It seems to me doing things from your heart, from love, would ensure that they aren't done from ego. Why shouldn't doing something good for someone feel good?

innerperson, Kurt and pandora97 like this.
  3. innerperson

innerperson Member

Great posts everyone.

For me, I know that I do need to question my motives and can't rely on "if it feels good do it" approach. My goal is to embrace my time here and try to grow spiritually. I am making progress which in itself makes me happy. I do find that I need to ask myself questions like in the OP. I may find I am doing something, not because it helps another, but because it brings me recognition, attention or even a little fame. That is exactly the stuff I want to avoid and I need to be honest with myself which can be a very difficult thing to do. I can't tell you how many times I've lied to myself in the past. haha

Hopefully this makes sense. I imagine once I grow more spiritually that I won't need to question myself as much. For now, it seems to be working for me. :)

It is great to get feedback from others that are further along in the spiritual game. You guys are a great resource and I truly appreciate the comments.

mac likes this.
  4. EminenceFront

EminenceFront Member

When you stop questioning,, you stop growing. That's the underpinning of physical reality. Examination of your beliefs, the + and the - ones, see which you prefer, follow that path of preference.

Questioning, examination, uncovering...choosing...it's why we are her, on Earth, in this imaginary physical reality.

innerperson and Kurt like this.