1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

How sure are you about the existence of the afterlife

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Storybud68, Nov 4, 2019.

1. frith

frith New Member

I'm a 50/50 fence sitter. I wish I knew.

There are some amazing stories out there that seem very convincing regarding the afterlife, or least reincarnation. Yet they remain stories to me as I don't have any first-hand knowledge. I suspect I'll go to my grave thinking this way.

DenverGuy and Kurt like this.
  2. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Most peoples belief in the afterlife intensifies after they either turn 70 or experience a life changing mourning... I am not twenty and only ever mourned twice. The second was quite shallow and the first drastically changed me forever but didn't crush me. I'm also not close to a century so there's that... I'm 19.

However I have lived a lifetime in that 19 years and I have only mourned twice... Neither was intense and I have the feeling of invincibility that youth brings.

I've also nearly died well over a dozen times so I am well aware of my mortality but not as much as most members here would be (example... I'm 90 with cancer)

I have had enough luck (there comes a certain point in a charmed life where you just know you are here for a reason and i have discovered mine is spiritual advancement) and personal experience relearning things I.. already knew as strange as it sounds, through research that despite this... I still know that something comes after...

You want a percentage... so... i guess it just depends on how... brave i feel in the moment. If im sky or cliff diving then i am so focused on those miliseconds that I couldnt define the next hour let alone life after death. Id tell you with you a straight face that quite frankly, after ALMOST dying and rebounding each time it... simply must be gods will that im still alive and in turn... id smack you for even mentioning something as silly as me dying. I think most youth would to be honest.

The main thing is that as stated above, I have almost died a lot and have seen enough death to where I am unusually aware of just how mortal i really am.

If you asked me the same thing once my pulse is back down to the 40s I'd tell you with a straight face that I am 100 percent certain of the afterlife.

P.S. I hope this helps answer your question. Also... Time goes by quickly. Too quickly as a matter of fact. Im almost twenty and tbh... That's like 1/3 of a life. That realization strengthened my feeling of mortality and resolve for the afterlife.

3. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

Great answer thank you kindly

Kurt likes this.