1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

How sure are you about the existence of the afterlife

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Storybud68, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

Monika would you have one particular experience that's stands out that you have had regarding the after life?I have never had anything I could say was a sign

Kurt likes this.
  2. Monika

Monika Established Member

Oh I dont even know where to start! :) I have shared a lot of them here in the forum in the thread called "signs and messages", I also created few personal threads about signs what were very significant for me. I could speak for hours about them if I would have to mention all and its so hard to pick one most significant. Plus it's not only the signs and messages but also I communicate daily with Michel (my husband) with pendulum and letters for over two years. This became our daily routine like it was messaging each other while we lived in different countries. After few years of practice it became for us as simple as to pick up a phone and call or text to each other.

If you wont be able to find in archives of forrum what i wrote and still will be interested, you can write pm for me and I will gladly share with you my experiences. In regards of other members, I don't want to repeat myself and fill up the thread :)

dan t, Bill Z and baob like this.
  3. Bill Z

Bill Z Established Member

I agree with Monika. When I was a kid my mother's mother spoke with her transitioned husband and he would sometimes come to tell her that someone was about to transition.

Kurt and Storybud68 like this.
  4. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I am completely unsure. That is, I truly do not know whether or not an afterlife exists -- maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, I really don't know. I wish I did, or at least if it does then I wish I knew that.

I know what you mean, story, about not being sure if what you perceive as possible signs from dead loved ones are actually signs, or just a matter of a kind of wishful thinking and/or coincidence. In the now seven years since my husband died, there have been things that occurred that are possible signs (these things occurred mostly in the first year or two after his death) -- but I cannot say beyond doubt that they were actually signs from my beloved husband. I wish I could.

Kurt and Storybud68 like this.
  5. SashaS

SashaS New Member

I'm sure about the existence of an afterlife now more than ever!
    Three years ago I've lost my husband and my mother. Like the most of you I've had signs and messages during the first year of their death. The doubt of non existence of an afterlife has accompanied me everyday.
    But as human beings, this doubt resides in our nature. Sometimes I feel like I've never actually lived with my husband. Why do I have to doubt that, along with the first year's signs and messages?! Why do I have to doubt the dream when he told me that there is an afterlife? The dreams are a way of communication between our two existences.
    And now why do I have to doubt something that has happened at some time in the past?
    I doubt a lot of things of this world. But the doubt had come from my knowledge. In these three years all my view of my life has totally changed and I think for everyone here as well. I've learned a lot and everyday I keep learning about what is important in this human life, love and life after death.

I recommend this video - it gives some really good arguments to the existence of the afterlife. From a skeptic of the afterlife turned believer:

dan t and Kurt like this.
  6. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm glad you've found the persuasion you needed before you could accept our survival beyond death. :)

But I've learned, Sasha, that no matter how impressed anyone may be with videos, books or others' accounts it's a sad fact of life that personal doubt can be very hard to overcome. One individual's experience - or whatever alternative source of information worked to persuade that person - simply may not persuade another individual. I use the word 'individual' deliberately in this sense because we are very much individuals, each with a particular need.

I've often put it that we need to find our own key, a key that unlocks the door of doubt through which we walk and find that all we hoped for is indeed true and that what others have told us was right all along. Until we find that key then our personal door-of-doubt will remain locked.

Kurt likes this.
  7. SashaS

SashaS New Member

And the doubt is a part of the mechanism to find that key. It is normal as human beings to have our doubts and those doubts push us to search for the truth. Until we find that truth, our personal door of doubt will remain open.

Kurt likes this.
  8. mac

mac Staff Member

And it's a part of the mechanism that some individuals don't succeed with. In an ideal world we would all find our personal keys but as we all know this world is far from ideal.

Sadly the reality is that not everyone will find what they're seeking. :( Even the most earnest seekers can fail.

bluebird likes this.
  9. SashaS

SashaS New Member

The world is not ideal that's why we doubt!

Yes! Sadly some fail! I agree! But not everybody! We are here (in forum grace of Roberta) to support each other in our beliefs and doubts, to grow, improve and find the truth.

Kurt likes this.
  10. mac

mac Staff Member

Being brutal - and not totally honest! ;) - I'm much more concerned about those who fail than I am about those who have found their way. The latter need much less help and support.

I disagree, though, that we're here to support each other in our beliefs. My aim as a member on ALF and as a contributor on websites elsewhere is to offer alternatives to belief, to offer doubters something that may help them begin to cut the bonds of doubt.

There is no single thing that is (quote) "the truth" but there are many true things that add up to the truth of our survival beyond death. It's THAT issue alone which for me is the singlemost important part of anyone's understanding, that and perhaps communication from a loved one that demonstrates it.

Anything beyond is a bonus! :)

Kurt, Storybud68 and freddy like this.