1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

How sure are you about the existence of the afterlife

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Storybud68, Nov 4, 2019.

  1. Storybud68

    Storybud68 Active Member

    As my caption says how sure are you on the possibility of an afterlife?I'm about 90 per cent sure ,the other 10 per cent is quite simply because I cant see it physically, but the 90 per cent is all the evidence I've read or heard about.. I would welcome your views.David
     
  2. poeticblue

    poeticblue member

    100% sure my friend. Not a shadow of a doubt for me.
     
    dan t and Storybud68 like this.
  3. mac

    mac Staff Member

    It's not what others think that should matter to you, David, but how you feel yourself. Even if 50 of us members were to declare 100% certainty it wouldn't change how you felt - would it? o_O

    For me survival isn't a possibility it's a certainty - I wouldn't otherwise still be banging on about it thirty odd years after realising it. But that doesn't change anything for you. What you need is something to get you from 90% to 100% persuaded. What do you feel you'd need?
     
    dan t, Kurt, Storybud68 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Storybud68

    Storybud68 Active Member

    I think that's s s great answer mac,I guess asking people gives me a certain satisfaction, but maybe I need to look Inside myself rather than outside for the answer, maybe it's not just about logic,I need to think about this but thank you kindly for taking time to reply David
     
    dan t and Kurt like this.
  5. Ruby

    Ruby Established Member

    I'm about 50/50, Storybudd, but happy with that. It's more belief than most people seem to have. I had zero belief before my experiences and had read Richard Dawkins' books, so I've really changed.
    Am going to a talk next week by Dr Callum E Cooper on the effect on the bereaved of the "sensed presence". I was interested to know in advance if he was all about the psychological disturbance of the bereaved and sleep disorders, such as waking up while dreaming but thinking oneself awake, being responsible for the sensed presence, but not from what I see online.
     
    Storybud68 likes this.
  6. Storybud68

    Storybud68 Active Member

    This is intresting, because after my dad died 4 years ago my family and I seem to get a lot of signs like robins, rainbows,dreams,etc but only for the first few months after he passed then it stopped ,looking back now I wonder if it was the initial grief that made us look more at these things rather than them being actual signs.Do we take more notice of theses things because we want it to be a sign?
     
    Juanita and baob like this.
  7. mac

    mac Staff Member

    They are very insightful questions, David, but it's difficult to be definitive answering them. Nobody can say for sure whether we're seeing genuine signs or reacting to regular events because we're emotional. I don't have any answers I'm sorry to say. :(
     
    Kurt likes this.
  8. Storybud68

    Storybud68 Active Member

    That's ok mac,but I was thinking also maybe they can influence our thoughts to notice these things as a sign because there beautiful like rainbows robins etc,that we wouldn't nesercally notice before,whats your view on this?
     
  9. mac

    mac Staff Member

    I think their influencing our thoughts, David, is a very distinct possibility or likelihood but as always it's impossible to know for sure if it applies to every such event . Many individuals, though, feel certain about their own experiences and I would never question their sincerity.
     
    Storybud68 likes this.
  10. Monika

    Monika Established Member

    I am completely sure about afterlife from when i was a kid. Knowing that made my life easy. Nowdays im just engaged and interacting with it more than i would have ever expected.
     
    Kurt, Bill Z and Storybud68 like this.

Share This Page