1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

How our dreams can help guide us on a conscious level.

Discussion in 'Dreams and Dreaming' started by poeticblue, Jun 14, 2019.

1. poeticblue

poeticblue member

I figured I would go ahead and start a thread in our newly created section of the Afterlife Forum.

I am currently taking my time to draft my response, however if anyone wants to share at any given time, please do so.

How have your dreams help guide you in your current life?

2. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

I often used to have dreams involving my teeth. Most often they went black or fell out. Another common dream involved finding rooms in my house I had never seen before. There was always an access point, a mysterious door at the top of the stairs or elsewhere, leading into a whole undiscovered suite of neglected rooms. I would wake up quite convinced that the somewhat creepy extra rooms were actually there. I read somewhere that it's quite common for mothers of small children to have that dream, which I used to love having, and it indicates feeling confined! I haven't had any repetitive dreams since that time.

3. poeticblue

poeticblue member

That is quite interesting Ruby.

When my daughter was younger, I would dream that I was in our own first apartment but the furniture and other attributes were not mine. I would wonder around in the rooms that I certainly thought were mine, yet when I entered the rooms the scenery was slightly different.

These rooms that you’ve never seen before in your dreams, you need to explore the next time that you see them when you sleep. You need to walk through the doors and find out what’s on the other side. Once you do that, I guarantee you that you will hardly have the same reoccurring dream anymore and a lot of underlying questions that you wanted answered will be answered.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  4. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

I think you're talking of lucid dreaming here but that's quite a skill to master and feels quite freaky to me! It seems from what you've said in the past that you did nothing to train yourself to do this and you just do it naturally and have always done so, but I can't see that it would be very easy to achieve!
    I think you're right in that dreams can help guide us, if we can remember them, and interpret all that strange imagery. It's a new idea to me as I always thought until recently that they're just a load of nonsense. Maybe we need to write them down immediately on waking, which sounds an interesting project if we can waken up and feel able to rouse ourselves to action immediately! I woke up this morning having dreamt I was on a long moving walkway like in an airport trying to get past lots of people, all of which I had a good look at, in fact that's what I was really enjoying, so much so I was disappointed to waken up. I know from an upsetting conversation I had yesterday that it might indicate a need to make the most of life before terminal illness claims us, or maybe it was about chasing a goal of some sort. Unfortunately, bereavement has zapped my energy level, but I've recently decided to try to be more energetic. Maybe that's what it was about.

5. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Hello Ruby,

I have been lucidly dreaming since I was a child and later on learned that I’ve been astral traveling as well. We all do this though. It’s just that some are more aware of their travels than others.

It takes very little effort for me to induce a travel at certain specific times of my sleep cycle. And it takes very little thought for me to know when an astral projection will happen now because I’ve learned to live with it, accept it, and have somewhat calculated when it will happen.

Roughly between the hours of 1:00-5:00am in the morning is when I usually have vivid dreams, travels, and out of body experiences. That’s just how it’s always been with me. When I initially sleep I don’t hardly remember anything at all at times. But when I wake up in the middle of the night between the hours stated above, rather than trying to suddenly fall back to sleep, I continue my normal activity such as using the bathroom, watching a video, and/or having a snack. Then I gradually fall back to sleep which for some reason triggers an OBE for me.

Having researched Jurgen Ziewe way back in the day thanks to a recommendation from our member Truth Seeker, I’ve learned that when we as humans stick to our regular 9am - 5pm schedules we actually hinder ourselves from becoming conscious of our astral travels due to the human body being physically exhausted by the end the day. However if we were able to be active and sleep in intervals throughout the day, a lot more people will actually become more aware of their astral travels because the body is more rested and then in turn will give our subconscious, higher state of mind more control in our daily lives.

Easier said than done though. Unfortunately in earth life, it has been embedded in most of our lives that we need to work 8 hours a day full time. With work sometimes comes stress. With stress comes anxiety. With anxiety there may be lack of sleep which is what a lot of people deal with. (Not all though and I do realize there are exceptions).

For some reason I am still able to vividly dream irregardless of my situations, but it sure does suck at times. I honestly just want to rest peacefully like the majority of folks here, but I’m stuck with what I have.

Also Ruby, sorry to hear about you dealing with your bereavement as well. It’s been stated on numerous occasions here that communication with the other side can be indicative on ones current state of mind. I’m pretty sure not everyone falls into that category, but it’s good that you are aware of how you feel and made a shift towards a positive direction accordingly. Do let us know periodically if you can, how you are coming along.

6. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Thanks for your very interesting post, poeticblue.