1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

"how long...." thread - moved postings

Discussion in 'Past Lives and Reincarnation' started by amina89, Jan 5, 2019.

1. amina89

amina89 Member

I believe in the afterlife but not reincarnation

2. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

As amina89 I also do not believe in reincarnation nor pre-existing. For me everything starts over here. Easy saying it is like caterpillar stage. Need to go through this before becoming butterfly.

Note: with all the respect for other members, I am not asserting anything. If someone disagree, please respect my position like others. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    amina89, Convolution and Bill Z like this.
  3. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I use to not believe in reincarnation until I started reading up on Michael Newton’s books regarding past lives and soul purpose. I can’t say that with 100% certainty reincarnation exists, but I’m more of a believer now than I was before after reading his studies and hearing his clients talk about their past lives during regression sessions and how it helped heal them in their current life.

On another note, I’ve always been fascinated with war movies especially pertaining to the Holocaust and World War 1- World World 2. I’ve had reaccuring dreams of being in battles on several occasions as a male soldier and helping to lead my team but got injured due to a shot wound and ultimately a bomb going off. If past lives do exist, that could very well be the reason why I can’t stomach the site of a gun or extremely loud popping sounds like fireworks. Everyone else can enjoy a good gun show while I’m sitting there feeling like I’m about to have a panic attack lol.

But who knows. Maybe we do reincarnate. Maybe we don’t. I’m leaning towards the possibility that we do :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Convolution and Monika like this.
  4. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

I completely respect Monika's position but we all have differing beliefs to some extant. For me I remember several past lives and of course they might be stuff from my subconscious not reality. But I remember a precious little sister from a past life that I think I've encountered here. Her beauty, grace, intensity, intelligence and gentleness today is what I remember from the past.

Convolution and Monika like this.
  5. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

I respect all positions here, but am interested in knowing more about them.
    I think I have an OK grasp on the idea of reincarnation, underlying motivations, purpose, so on.
    But I really do not understand what the interplay between this life and an afterlife would be without reincarnation as a part of it.
    For example, what is the purpose of being born? Does a new consciousness actually appear? If it does, why does it need to live a physical life?
    In that same context, what happens after death?
    I'd love to understand your views more. Thank you.