1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

How long before they move on?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by amina89, Jan 4, 2019.

1. amina89

amina89 New Member

How long do our loved ones think of us before they move on with their new life in the afterlife? if a child dies and then his mother dies many years later,will that child still have memories of her?

Kurt likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

Yes to the last question, I don't know to the first..... :)

3. Monika

Monika Established Member

But where and why they should "move on" from us if we are their loved ones same like they are ours. If we think of them so why they should stop think of us. I would say its both way connection depending on us from both sides.

4. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Our loved ones are continuously thinking of us and will always be with us irregardless if they are living or has transitioned into the afterlife. Things simply don’t change when we die. It only gets better! We are more aware and conntected than before. We will carry memories of one another and the spiritual bonds and growth small or large still remain no matter how brief (or long) the moment was.

Monika likes this.
  5. mac

mac Staff Member

The 'moving on' denotes the picking-up again of the activities, the relationships, the interests we used to have - and maybe even the work we used to do - before we incarnated into this physical world. For most of us doing again, and having again, those things is an interesting, enjoyable return after a comparatively tough and difficult time living in-the-body with all the restrictions our spirits encountered as incarnates.

Life here in this world and the relationships we used to enjoy (or hate!) are replaced by life in the next world along with our re-engaging directly with family and friends who live there. We don't have family, friends, spouses and lovers only in this world! But relationships here do not have any lesser value simply because of that and we will have relationships with other discarnates that have just as much meaning and 'value' (and maybe more) as those we value here.

Even those who are privileged to enjoy a continuing, loving relationship across two dimensions may find their relationship is not the only meaningful and deep relationship they have ever enjoyed or will ever enjoy.

DenverGuy likes this.
  6. Bill Z

Bill Z Established Member

I agree with Monika. But not every marriage is what we refer to as "twin flames". I know many couples who are very unhappy with their partners. I agree with Swedenborg and others who say if a marriage was difficult and unhappy here it need not continue on the other side. I was married before and divorced and we still remain friends but she was not my "soul mate" but my Susie is and I still feel her every day as do some others here.

SashaS and Monika like this.
  7. Monika

Monika Established Member

Yes, of course im not saying that they must stick together with us. Same like we do have our life what continues same they have their own stuff to do. But that shall not mean that they stop thinking of us. Even if i am at work or with friends or doing whatever i think of my husband and speak to him constantly. And so he is. If he is not very close to me he let me know. Then i know he has something else to do. But even while he is doing something our conversation dont need to stop. It just becomes a bit weaker cause he is not fully concentrated on me. Same if when im alone home and he is beside our connection is much stronger then when im at work. But still, in the end we are always connected to some degree because we love each other and have no interest to make a pause in our relationship. Just continue as best as we can :)
    I have no doubt at all that there he finds nothing else more important then our love and me same like it was when he was living here♡♡

SashaS and Bill Z like this.
  8. Bill Z

What Monika said is so beautiful and in my experience I totally agree.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

I feel like I'm treading on egg-shells and I'm trying not to be hurtful but the situation you and others share with your lost loved ones may not be the general situation others experience. Hence your life may differ significantly from that of many or most others.

What do others feel, do they have relationships with their lost loved ones similar to those detailed above? If so then I guess I'm the odd-one-out....

10. Bill Z

Thanks Mac. Perhaps it's the depth of the love and the devotion and what we experience together that makes the communication easier. My dear friend and I have spoken many, many hours about this. Maybe we are just lucky. Maybe we are seeing things that we all see but maybe just don't recognize. I'm a musician so I'm maybe more open to right brain stuff than some others and that's where the intuition comes from. So maybe we've just exercised that part of our brain/mind that perceives. I believe that through music, the arts, dowsing, meditation, binaural beats, etc we can exercise that other part of us that perceive the very subtle energies.

Monika likes this.