1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

How do you view AfterLifeForums?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by mac, Mar 14, 2018.

?

Do you use a cell phone to access ALF?

1. yes always

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. yes sometimes

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. no

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

A member recently mentioned that she couldn't see much on her cell phone. Do you use a cell phone (or small-screen tablet) to view this website?

Is it easy to follow thread discussions? Do you find it easy to look for earlier discussion topics? Do you have difficulties using a phone?

2. Monika

Monika Active Member

I use phone or tablet. Both works well with website

3. mac

good to know :) Maybe it's just me who's too old to get on with the small screen of a phone. o_O

4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I use my cell phone to access the site when I'm not near a computer (either my laptop at home, or my desktop at work), but I much prefer to access it via computer (and do so more often than via phone), as it just looks better and is much easier to navigate on the computer. I find the same to be true of most websites.

5. SashaS

SashaS Member

I use phone. The website looks easy to me to navigate and I don't see any difficulty of viewing it.

6. mac

Interesting how we each see things very differently. ;) So I've now taken another look using first a 5.5" Motorola cell phone and then a Sony 10" tablet.

The phone is OKish albeit the screen's a bit titchy and narrow, needing a deft touch when touching, or typing in, boxes and there's some stuff missing from the right compared with a computer screen. The tablet's like a smaller screen version of my laptop with everything onscreen in the same place. But I'd hate to have to use a touchscreen keyboard that occupies half the view of this site when I'm composing and/or editing. I refer frequently to the posting I'm replying to and edit my own postings extensively; I'd find that irksome on a phone or tablet.

I guess you eventually grow accustomed to whatever you use but for me it's too much of a faff and a 'proper' size screen with a mechanical keyboard works best for me.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Harmonica and pandora97 like this.
  7. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

I do not use my cell phone to access ALF. I occasionally use my Samsung tablet when I'm in bed; otherwise, it's the laptop.
    May I ask the reason for this survey?

8. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Same here.

9. mac

Curiosity about how well information displays on various platforms and who uses what.

10. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

Laptop only.:)