1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

How Do You Remove Negative Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by innerperson, Sep 2, 2020.

1. kim

kim Regular Contributor

I know if I listen to that small quiet voice found within, call it my conscience or soul, everything will be alright and everything will fall in place. I do get weak, but I know through experience to listen to my soul.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    UnseekingSeeker likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

My preference is to know as much as possible what is happening in this world - the bad along with the good and the neutral.

TV in the US, though, is not a good source of news and radio may be similar along with the web. I can understand why some Americans have turned their backs on those media.

I consider myself immensely privileged to have been able - for the whole of my adult life - to enjoy high quality TV and radio programming from dear old auntie BBC and any number of newspapers carrying national and international news, reviews and analysis - remember newspapers?

3. innerperson

innerperson New Member

So I decided to trim down my consumption of news. I didn't cut it out altogether. I just get most of my news in a different way and dedicate a very small portion of the day. It has helped quite a bit. I do believe a lot of my issues stemmed from the negativity that I was consuming.

So far I feel much better. Less judgmental and more positive. I have noticed I am slowly drifting back to reading more news. I need to stop that before I start reversing course.

Anyway, I just wanted to report back in the hopes it will help someone else.

4. Hi. I've found 'The Sedona Method' to be one of the best ways of releasing negative thoughts.

As One.
    Tim