1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you know odd coincidences are actually signs from a spirit?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Juniper, Oct 13, 2015.

1. janef

janef Moderator

That is interesting jim. I have a hummingbird feeder hanging right in the window above my computer desk. And I wont see them for days, but when i begin thinking of my mom, one will usually show up. :)

2. Juniper

Juniper Member

Bumping this up because somewhere on the forum Roberta I noticed that you mentioned some kind of proof coming directly from spirits where they seem to have acknowledged that they cause coincidences. Maybe I'm not recalling this right, but if I am, could you refer me to where I can read about it (not the thread where it's mentioned but the source material)? Thank you!

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I'm not sure exactly what I might have said, but I can tell you that those that we used to think were dead do frequently tell us that indeed they cause a lot of coincidences to happen as signs and confirmations for us. Mikey Morgan talks about this in Flying High in Spirit. I talk about it in The Fun of Staying in Touch, and if you would like a PDF of that book please just contact me through robertagrimes.com.

Speaking personally, I can tell you that my primary guide gives me coincidence-based signs all the time! He routinely gives me numbers signs, where he makes me look at a clock or my odometer to see a series of numbers, and in fact he has just made me notice that it is 4:44 in the morning. For another example, I have been invited to an important and amazing meeting that I hope eventually to be able to discuss here but I can't talk about it just yet, and when I knew that it was being arranged I thought it might have been Thomas's work. (That isn't his eternal name, of course, but when we met through Susanne Wilson he asked me to call him Thomas because he knew I would think of him that way once he announced that he had been Thomas Jefferson in his next-to-last lifetime). So I have just been told that this meeting is scheduled for April 13th. Not the 5th or the 12th. Not March 29th. But April 13th. And April 13th is Thomas Jefferson's birthday. A coincidence? Yes. A coincidence arranged and used by him as a sign to me that he had made this meeting happen? Absolutely!

Unexpected likes this.
  4. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 Active Member

This is a very interesting discussion and I am glad it was bumped up.

I dont believe in coincidences. I especially dont, just due to the fact of how my husband and I came together. We used to talk about it, a lot.

My husband and I ran in the same circles and knew the same people when we were younger, and yet, we never meet. It is clearly obvious that things were put into place for us to meet at the exact time we needed to meet. We used to talk about it a lot, how we cant believe we never ran into each other because we were in the same place, at the same time, with the same people and should have met, but never did.

We both believed that there were forces at work that brought us together at the exact moment we were supposed to be together. Circumstances needed to be exact. Case in point. He was married, they bought a huge house together, and shortly after divorced. He had the house up for sale and something told him not to sell the house. We met about 3 months later, and about 18 months later, me and my kids were calling his house, home. Oh, and how did we meet?

We met through work. He had been there for years, after his separation he was starting to date again. I got the job at the same place, through a series of interesting turns, and just by chance, we met.

Everything in our world was such perfect timing that we both believed that it wasnt a coincidence, but was a greater plan in place.

I just dont believe that there are such things as coincidence.

Unexpected likes this.
  5. mac

mac helper Staff Member

I can readily accept that some, perhaps many, events may indeed not be down to coincidence, that those events take place because of orchestration and planning. But surely it's a huge leap then to say that every seemingly trivial, or apparently inconsequential, event has been orchestrated or planned.

If that were the case we'd be little more than marionettes dancing to the tune of a
    puppet-master.

6. RobertaGrimes

Good point, dear Mac, but I would just add that we still have free will. Spirit can arrange for us to meet the same person repeatedly in order for us to make the marriage we had planned together before our births, but we still are free to pursue that relationship or not. I receive many-times-daily coincidences from Thomas now as he reassures me that I am doing what he wants me to do, but still I have the power and the right to close my computer and go fishing. The mathematical odds against nearly anything that we would notice to be a coincidence actually happening are very long, so I would tend to share ShiningLight1967's view. The number of truly coincident events that actually happen is vanishingly tiny.

7. mac

mac helper Staff Member

But there is an indeterminately large number of apparent coincidences anyway and mathematically their probability of being chance coincidence might be higher than we imagine? ;)

I'm not a mathematician but with such a massive pool of coincident events at all levels of magnitude of importances I'd need to be persuaded that all could be attributed to the influences of (mostly) unseen spirit-form friends.:) Perhaps we could agree on saying there may be more than I realise and less than you think the case?

But I was actually agreeing about apparent coincidences where they're significant or important in an individual's life. Unseen friends may indeed be working hard to influence the actors in a scene whose desired ending has been planned-for long before it was due to take place. Perhaps in such cases coincidence is down to cause-and-effects arising from deliberate actions. Maybe in others, though, where an outcome is flexible, not pre-determined, chance coincidence can occur bringing about a particular outcome, one that may, or may not, have been desirable but wasn't actually vitally important.

Maybe it's in those situations that the freewill of one significantly impacts the freewill of another, in so doing preventing a pre-planned event?

8. RobertaGrimes

I don't know, Mac. Beings not in bodies tell us that there are no actual coincidences. None. So I tell people that if they notice a coincidence that seems significant to them they should say aloud that they notice the coincidence and they would like to know what it means or what they should do. Can't hurt!

9. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

My late wife, Irene, has some very subtle, yet distinguishing ways of "dropping by". Yesterday, after my jazz gig, two ladies approached me to say hello and I realized that they are friends from the recent past that I've not seen in a while. So, as we stood there yakking, I became fascinated with their very interesting and "expensive" clothes (they are "rich" ladies) and touched one lady's jacket while commenting on both of their jackets, etc. Later, as I drove away, it "hit me" that my interest in their clothes CAME FROM Irene, who was and still is very interested in fashion and attire and we often visited Chico's when we had a few extra $$$, so those lady friend's attire reminded Irene, of what is sold at Chico's. When I realized that Irene was once more here, I just had to tell her how much I still love and respect her and we both had a good laugh. I did not notice Irene's presence while talking with the ladies and only realized Irene was admiring their clothes afterwards or I would have said, "Irene loves your jackets." I am slowly learning that many folks do NOT want to hear about the Afterlife or "spirits" so Irene is laying low these days!

Unexpected likes this.
  10. Juniper

Juniper Member

Thank you for your generous offer Roberta. I will follow up on that.

I'm intrigued about your meeting and looking forward to hearing about it!

11. Juniper

Juniper Member

I haven't much time to update right now, but, I've had some interesting coincidences of late. However, I wanted to ask-Roberta, what happened with that meeting mentioned upthread? Are you able to discuss it?

Will be back later to post more...

12. RobertaGrimes

Heh - No, I cannot yet talk about it. When I can, I will!

13. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Hi, when an entity appears to me in whatever form or state, I usually accept that it is the person or "thing" that I believe is here and allow the entity to visit me in whatever way it wishes. I go with how I feel regarding the entity so, if my late wife, Irene, appears, I know it's her because of what I feel more than what I see or hear. I usually sense her in or with humming birds and butterflies but can't prove it. If I even just casually "think" about her, I know she is visiting me! My new girl friend's mother often shows up and I don't even know her but I know it's the mother and tell my girl friend that her mom is "here". I love having disincarnates drop by! They seem to show up just to say "Hi" and not much more!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  14. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Based upon my seven decades of intensive research, what my wife tells me and common sense, I am confident that……You, the puppet-master, are secretly running the whole show from behind the scenes, while we, the separate individuals, unwittingly believe that we (the marionettes) are doing this and that and making this and that happen. It's a divine joke! There is ONLY the puppet-master here .... disguised as a huge array of marionettes - from micro organisms all the way up to super geniuses, etc. The entire cosmos is a collection of marionettes being managed by YOU - the puppet-master. Actually there are no marionettes - just the one puppet-master appearing as all the marionettes.

15. mac

mac helper Staff Member

It's an odd point of view and the story doesn't appeal to my reason. The slightly OTC and pretentious preamble to his ideas doesn't change the response's lack of relevance to the point I made months ago in a thread that anyway appears to have run its course.

Despite member jimrich threatening/promising to have me on his ignore list he's chosen to view and then quote a comment I made all of seven months ago and then to pick up out-of-context on what I said. (This old thread, incidentally, was refreshed by Juniper apparently to ask about a point Roberta mentioned earlier.)

16. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

Thanks again Roberta! Sometimes I forget it's just that simple - ask. I have had some very significant coincidences as of late so I did just that and the response was that it means I'm on the right path.

17. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

Thank you for sharing this. I feel the same. If I laid out all the things that happened for us to be together at the exact time, the twists, its mind boggling the details laid out and those which still take place now. Even my precognitive dreams have always came true whether they are 3, 6 or 12 months later - they always happen. So when I'm challenged with what's what I think about those things. Just as I type this out a song that is significant to us came on. He uses music a lot - no coincidences.