1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

How do you know odd coincidences are actually signs from a spirit?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Juniper, Oct 13, 2015.

1. janef

janef Moderator

Very interesting coincidences (?) I agree highly unlikely. I have had some real estate coincidences as well, like the place I live now. My boyfriend and I had split up and I moved away for 2 years, but we didn't stop seeing each other, visited often and it was getting obvious we wanted to be together. While I was visiting him from out of town, we were driving a winding road in the mountains and saw an open house sign, just curious we drove up a private drive to this paradise setting, a forest of redwood trees at the end of the road. A log home with a guest house. There was something so mystical about it, we didn't want to leave. The real estate agent said there was an offer coming in that evening. On our way back to his place we both were feeling so drawn to that place and almost sad, we decided to make an offer too... and we got it! It has been 12 years now and got married 6 years ago. We feel it was the catalyst that brought us together....We were not even looking for a house! I found out a friend of mine knew someone who had lived in this house many years ago and we have the same birthday. Born on the same day.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Hello dear! This is a great question.

Actually, for two or three seemingly unrelated things to coincide is far less likely than we might imagine, statistically. So my working assumption has now moved a full 180 degrees from "it has to be a coincidence" to "NOTHING is a coincidence." So I always assume a spirit-related explanation, whether or not I can figure it out.

The only way to know which being not now in a body is giving you signs is to pay careful attention, to try to get to know your spirit guides, and - yes - to keep a journal of possible communications. I have come to believe that nearly all signs - surely all the signs in my life - and especially if we don't have someone recently dead, come from our spirit guides. They have the power and experience to do it well, and a strong need to keep reassuring us.

For my part, Thomas gives me numbers on digital clocks nearly every day, and often multiple times a day, because he knows that I will recognize them as signs from him. Last night, for example, I woke up and looked at our bedside clock at precisely 3:33 in the morning. During the summer, when I was really wrestling with having to publish Liberating Jesus, there were days when he gave me three or four such signs!

And I have recognized two recent signs as coming from Mikey, since according to both Thomas and Carol he has become one of my guides for a bit (as he also helps to guide his mother). And songs are his specialty. One morning last week, as I found my car key, I had a quick thought of our beloved Mikey. Then I turned the key, and what was playing was John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High," a song he had loved on earth but one that I never before had recognized!

3. janef

janef Moderator

I know, at a hotel on the 6th floor seemed odd to me too, no bird feeders. And it just hung out for a min. or so.

4. janef

janef Moderator

Well what I have come to understand is there are different kinds of OBE's, and some are known as more like an NDE, its called NDE-like where I wasn't dying, but not floating on the ceiling looking at my body either. I was actually in another dimension. Received telepathic info, felt the Love of God. Its in a blog here below my name.

Oh.. the signs I asked from my Dad... I meant to say each time I asked for a sign I got it within a few days. Yes, I posted them here.
    One sign I asked for was a dragonfly. I re=posted this recently....look at my posts. Then I asked for an Orb or spirit photo and a few days later got one on my cell ph. It is posted somewhere but I will have to find it.

Look forward to hearing about your experiences too.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  5. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Established Member

Another great experience that seems to show that these coincidences are perhaps more than just random events.

6. janef

janef Moderator

But you know you saw his face once on that curtain? and your sister saw him too? Did the medium say anything about him that seemed validating?

7. janef

janef Moderator

Yeah.. even my husband says lots of things happened that seemed too coincidental. We never drove this road before... We both felt almost like we were having an obe when we found our house. It was also perfect because we could rent out the guest house making the payment much easier for us. A dream come true.

8. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I know that I saw what looked to me like a representation of his face on the shade (it was a heavy pull down shade, as opposed to a light fabric curtain), yes. My sister saw it as well, as did my parents, my brother-in-law, and a friend. That is not proof of continued existence in an afterlife, however. It might be a sign from my husband, or it might be pareidolia and/or wishful thinking. I hope it was a sign from my husband, and I do find some comfort in it, but it is not proof.

The medium did say some things that seemed possibly validating to me, but I am not going to detail them here. The reading did help me a bit, in that it lent some credence (to me) to the possibility of an afterlife existing, but to me what occurred during the reading is also not definitive proof of an afterlife. I understand that for some people it would be, but I really don't think I can definitively believe an afterlife exists unless/until my husband actually comes and shows/tells me (or possibly unless god, if there is one, does the same -- though I very much doubt that will occur).

9. janef

janef Moderator

I never expected you to share private info. It is just unfortunate the medium could not give you more validation. Like stuff she couldn't possibly know unless he was passing the information. Like if he had said "hey... tell her it WAS me!" validating the image of himself. I was just wondering as you waited 2 years for that reading. Who was the medium?

It seems unlikely all of you could have "wishful thinking" at the same time and see the same thing. I hope you get more signs...it really helps grief when you begin to know this is not the end. :)

10. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Established Member

I love the way Mickey uses music as a way of communicating with others. :)