1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you know odd coincidences are actually signs from a spirit?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Juniper, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Juniper

Juniper Member

I am curious about this.

I have written here that I have nearly died before, and I had an NDE. Since that happened I have had tons of really amazing experiences, and I regularly get really incredible coincidences happening to me that some might put down to spiritual intervention. Some of them are so amazing they even baffle people around me.

However, some of these coincidences don't seem to be linked to any particular spirit. Some of them do, particularly a spirit who appeared to me in a dream, which was an utterly astounding experience that is almost too amazing to even believe but would be way too long a story to recount right now.

Nevertheless, when I really sit and think about it I honestly don't have any hard proof that odd coincidences that have happened really ARE due to this or that spirit even when they do appear to relate to one...

So I just wondered, has anyone had any hard evidence that links this sort of thing to spirits? I have read a fair amount here, enough to see that some do seem to believe that some coincidences may be really due to spirits, so for those who do is this simply a matter of belief?

2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

In my opinion, yes, it's a matter of belief. Some coincidences may be signs from spirits, but in my opinion there's no way to know for sure.

3. janef

janef Moderator

I can relate to some of these experiences as well after an ND like experience. And understand what you mean by hard proof. There are too many coincidences to dismiss. How can I dismiss asking my father for 2 specific signs and getting them? within a few days! I choose to believe. :)

Thanks for sharing, Juniper. Tell us more of your NDE and other experiences when you can. It really helps us all in hearing these stories and understanding our true reality.

4. janef

janef Moderator

bluebird, in your medium reading did she tell you anything that was proved to be something she could not have known?

5. janef

janef Moderator

This is true. Like when I saw the hummingbird at dawn on the terrace on the 6th floor just hovering there... still, I dont know for sure. but... I just say thanks anyway mom... glad you are here. it doesnt hurt to believe.

6. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Member

How do you know odd coincidences are actually signs from a spirit?

In my personal experience, I have found that these 'coincidences' appear to accumulate over a certain period of time. I then find that they seem to act like clues or pointers to a significant event that will happen in the near future. I am learning now to recognise certain signs that keep coming up for me and to share these experiences with others so that a record of sorts is kept which helps validate the greater meaning. A personal example of this was earlier this year when I kept noticing sequences of numbers which reoccurred within a short period of time. Electrical breakdowns are also something that seem to occur around the same period of time which also act as pointers. The significant validation I had was when I started sharing these pointers to a group of close friends and said that this particular sequence of numbers were going to be significant. One of my friend's was going through a horrendous time and had been set up for a crime we knew she had not committed. She was convicted initially but on appeal later her conviction was completely quashed. What was very significant was that she told me that as the quashed verdict was given out in court, just above the judges heads was a large digital clock which read 11.11, the sequence of numbers that I had kept receiving (This was also validated by another friend who was in court with her that day). There were also other 111, 1111 numbers noted by friends during this time period.

I've also had other coincidences which led to other significant conclusions. This occurred 2 years ago when I was desperately trying to find a home for my family and a butterfly connection was noted by myself and other family members. This involved buying birthday cards independently of each other (family), a birthday cake, an actual butterfly appearing in a room when I asked for validation and then a butterfly picture in the house that we eventually bought (barely visible to the naked eye at first as it was very fine white laser cut butterflies on a white background). I only noticed this picture at a later viewing after our offer had been accepted.

There were also the odd synchronicities surrounding an email that was sent out to me by an estate agent which triggered me contacting them. The email was of an old property which I'd been previously told was not available. When I spoke to the estate agent about this, he just could not understand how this email was sent to me as he hadn't sent it but it was good timing as he'd seen a property that day in which the owners needed to sell their property immediately in order for them to put an offer on a house which they'd just seen. This was at a time where properties were literally being snapped up and prospective buyers were all desperately outbidding each other. What was interesting about this story is that the house was never officially put on the market, I just put an offer on immediately and it was accepted. Also the vendors had their offer accepted on the property they wanted even though they weren't the highest bidders because the owners had a 'feeling' that this was the right offer (not to do with finances but that the owners liked them as a local family). Other strange coincidences were that I only met the vendors neighbour a couple of days beforehand at a school fete ( we were put together to help on a stall) and we were talking about house moving (I found out later she wasn't aware her neighbours were even thinking of selling at the time). Also her son and the vendor's son were the names of my twin boys too (spooky)! It seemed that everything was synchronised perfectly!

In answer to your question about knowing if these were signs from spirit, all I can say is that I was having private dialogues in my mind asking for support and these signs were appearing within these time frames.

I have just read Carol and Mikey Morgan's book Flying High In Spirit which also discusses signs from spirit. I absolutely love the vacuum cleaning story which discusses how various family members all had their vacuum cleaners burning out as a way of Mikey communicating and using energy to manipulate electrical devices!

My friend who had her conviction quashed has also reported what she believes may be signs of spirit interaction in that in her darkest moments she would 'talk' to an ex boyfriend in her mind who had been murdered many years ago to ask for support. She mentioned recently that she was surprised to hear in different places music or songs that were significant to him or them. Weirdly, we only met up for lunch recently and as we sat down a song came up which she told me was a Mexican song he had liked (My friend is from Mexico). To be honest, the pub where we had lunch is very 'English' and the music quite tame and it was the first time I'd heard this song which I would not have recognised as coming from any particular place apart from it sounding Spanish. The lunch was significant as it was to celebrate my friend having a very positive family court meeting recently which went in her favour and vindicated her completely from any deceit her ex husband had tried to fabricate in order to manipulate the hearing in his favour (he was also involved in making false testimonies at the criminal court too). My friend admitted that she never used to believe in coincidences and signs before but as a result of all the personal and shared coincidences, this had convinced her that there was some form of spirit intervention going on too.

Even though I feel that I have personally experienced evidence of spirit, it may never be scientific enough to convince anyone else. However, sharing these experiences are important especially for those who have been in similar situations and I believe this all helps to strengthen these communications. For those whom have a more difficult time believing these experiences, all I hope is that sharing will at least raise some curiosity perhaps for them to research some more or at least be open to the possibility of another alternative explanation.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  7. bluebird

Like you with your mom, I always say thank you to my husband whenever I experience anything that I think even might be a sign from him. If there is an afterlife in which he still exists, I want him to know that I appreciate the possible signs. I can't just "choose" to believe, though. I really mean that; for me, I can only believe what I know to be true, not just what I hope is true, that's just how it works for me.

8. bluebird

marmaladecat,

Thank you for sharing the things that have happened to you.

For me, someone else's possibly spiritual experiences don't prove the existence of an afterlife; however, that doesn't invalidate those experiences for the people who experience them. I agree with you that sharing those experiences is a good thing -- for people who have faith, it probably strengthens it, and for people like me who don't have faith, reading about such experiences is still interesting and at least gives food for thought.

9. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Member

I believe sharing is the best way of offering first hand experiences although how these are then perceived by others will also be based on each individual's experiences too. What I find personally interesting about the signs I have received is that the probability of signs being shared in a group context and then culminating in a significant event would seem to be possibly higher than just random coincidence? Perhaps a mathematician is needed to work out the odds! :)

10. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Member

Hi Juniper, it would be wonderful to hear your experiences too. :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  11. Juniper

Juniper Member

Hi bluebird,

I think you are probably right. I am trying to come up with some means by which they could even prove this, but so far the best I've got is a manner which is so involved I wonder that any spirit would ever do it.

Here's my idea--what if someone had tons of signs that were coincidences, which appear to link to someone they know who died, that no one else was present for that they knew, and then the spirit appeared to someone they DID know, either in a dream or a vision, and actually said they had done them? And then the person dreaming of the spirit reported back to the person being visited, after having no idea that the signs had happened to start with.

I wonder if anyone has had something like that happen?

And not to wander off-topic but I really like your avatar.

12. Juniper

Juniper Member

Hi janef,

Wow you got the signs you asked for? I am not sure that's ever happened to me, I can't think that it has. Are your stories posted here somewhere where I can read about them?

Also, what do you mean by an ND-like experience, do you mean an OBE? Just curious, I would love to hear about that as well.

13. Juniper

Juniper Member

That is definitely unusual. I'm into bird watching and you wouldn't be likely to find a local hummingbird many stories up...at least, not in my experience anyway.

14. Juniper

Juniper Member

marmaladecat, thanks for sharing. My computer is causing me some problems at the moment so I'll have to answer you properly when it starts behaving....

15. janef

janef Moderator

Very interesting coincidences (?) I agree highly unlikely. I have had some real estate coincidences as well, like the place I live now. My boyfriend and I had split up and I moved away for 2 years, but we didn't stop seeing each other, visited often and it was getting obvious we wanted to be together. While I was visiting him from out of town, we were driving a winding road in the mountains and saw an open house sign, just curious we drove up a private drive to this paradise setting, a forest of redwood trees at the end of the road. A log home with a guest house. There was something so mystical about it, we didn't want to leave. The real estate agent said there was an offer coming in that evening. On our way back to his place we both were feeling so drawn to that place and almost sad, we decided to make an offer too... and we got it! It has been 12 years now and got married 6 years ago. We feel it was the catalyst that brought us together....We were not even looking for a house! I found out a friend of mine knew someone who had lived in this house many years ago and we have the same birthday. Born on the same day.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  16. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Hello dear! This is a great question.

Actually, for two or three seemingly unrelated things to coincide is far less likely than we might imagine, statistically. So my working assumption has now moved a full 180 degrees from "it has to be a coincidence" to "NOTHING is a coincidence." So I always assume a spirit-related explanation, whether or not I can figure it out.

The only way to know which being not now in a body is giving you signs is to pay careful attention, to try to get to know your spirit guides, and - yes - to keep a journal of possible communications. I have come to believe that nearly all signs - surely all the signs in my life - and especially if we don't have someone recently dead, come from our spirit guides. They have the power and experience to do it well, and a strong need to keep reassuring us.

For my part, Thomas gives me numbers on digital clocks nearly every day, and often multiple times a day, because he knows that I will recognize them as signs from him. Last night, for example, I woke up and looked at our bedside clock at precisely 3:33 in the morning. During the summer, when I was really wrestling with having to publish Liberating Jesus, there were days when he gave me three or four such signs!

And I have recognized two recent signs as coming from Mikey, since according to both Thomas and Carol he has become one of my guides for a bit (as he also helps to guide his mother). And songs are his specialty. One morning last week, as I found my car key, I had a quick thought of our beloved Mikey. Then I turned the key, and what was playing was John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High," a song he had loved on earth but one that I never before had recognized!

17. janef

janef Moderator

I know, at a hotel on the 6th floor seemed odd to me too, no bird feeders. And it just hung out for a min. or so.

18. janef

janef Moderator

Well what I have come to understand is there are different kinds of OBE's, and some are known as more like an NDE, its called NDE-like where I wasn't dying, but not floating on the ceiling looking at my body either. I was actually in another dimension. Received telepathic info, felt the Love of God. Its in a blog here below my name.

Oh.. the signs I asked from my Dad... I meant to say each time I asked for a sign I got it within a few days. Yes, I posted them here.
    One sign I asked for was a dragonfly. I re=posted this recently....look at my posts. Then I asked for an Orb or spirit photo and a few days later got one on my cell ph. It is posted somewhere but I will have to find it.

Look forward to hearing about your experiences too.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  19. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Member

Another great experience that seems to show that these coincidences are perhaps more than just random events.

20. janef

janef Moderator

But you know you saw his face once on that curtain? and your sister saw him too? Did the medium say anything about him that seemed validating?