1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

How do mediums decipher messages so fast?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Auras, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Auras

Auras New Member

Do you have any links to demonstrations so I could try and see it from your point of view?

Kurt likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm afraid not. My experience, my understanding, the things that have influenced my approach come from times long before the world wide web existed. I haven't been influenced by any videos posted online and have viewed only occasional ones.

Kurt likes this.
  3. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

To my mind it's odd that mediums receive messages so fast, as if the spirit, if there really is such a thing, can arrive in a flash. I'm thinking of stage shows here. One was posted on the forum a while back where people presented themselves before the medium and she would say immediately "I have an elderly woman here..." On the other hand, we're told the quantum world is so peculiar that if you're not shocked you haven't understood it. It's pointless to speculate as to what is out there, but fun though. It might be more plausible if mediums paused before announcing a presence as otherwise it can be interpreted by the sitter as cold reading. When I had a reading done the spirit arrived at the end of the session and the information was accurate and I was pleased with it, but she didn't bid farewell to the presence or anything like that (which I would have liked to do!) just appeared to take the information, relay it to me, then resume talking about her managerial role. Her demeanour changed so much when the spirit was present that it was hard to believe she didn't believe in what she was doing. Maybe the state of consciousness just changes between reading and interpreting and they come in and out of those states abruptly?

Kurt likes this.
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

If you're not persuaded that communication with discarnates occurs then all the rest of your posting is meaningless and pointless because it would mean to you that all such apparent communication isn't genuine.

And in evidential mediumship, with an experienced medium listening to a competent discarnate communicator relaying of the message can be swift.

Only those who understand quantum science can tell if someone else understands it too! But forget quantum science. The world of the spirit has been 'getting through' to us incarnates in this physical world long before such science became fashionable.

Why would that be more plausible? Evidence is what matters, the speed of delivery takes second place.

Maybe your practitioner wasn't experienced or maybe she just had a poor delivery. Mediums are only human after all and come in all shapes and sizes. But how did you know who the spirit was and whether that individual had any relationship with you?

Maybe you need to see more mediums demonstrate?

Kurt likes this.
  5. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

@Auras think of a medium like a radio.

It can spout out all-sorts of information. In many languages. It can make all sorts of indecipherable noise

Ad not know a single thong about itself. (Well obviously... It's inanimate)

6. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

It was very obvious that it was my son. When I first sat down she took one look at me and said my grandmother was there and we're connected by the moon! I think she just saw that I was of the age to have lost grandparents but maybe not parents. I think it was a filler chat, so it made me suspicious. However, as I said before, her demeanour completely changed five minutes before my time was up when she said a strong male energy had entered the room, and said a few things which were very accurate. It was certainly very fascinating.

7. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm pleased you're sure the visitor was your son but I'm far from impressed by the rest of what you've said about your sitting.

I think you're right that the practitioner was probably using a 'filler' for the time she was supposed to be providing mediumship - if that's what she had said or indicated she'd be providing. Having said that there's never any guarantee communication will take place and even if it does it may not be the individual hoped for. Perhaps the demeanour change you noticed was indeed at the point she did actually get a spirit contact.

It's regrettable when a medium doesn't get good communication and ideally she should be truthful about it. But not all practitioners are equal and when they're charging for the service they might be tempted to 'pad out' the sitting with psychic or counselling stuff rather than offer a partial refund when they're unsuccessful.

On the other hand it may be the case that the practitioner is only ever partly successful. Padding out an hour's session (or whatever) may be what they do routinely with just an occasional relevant spirit communicator coming through for their client. Those practitioners give mediumship a bad name.

8. mac

mac Staff Member

A medium is indeed similar to a radio inasmuch as it's necessary to 'tune in' to a particular frequency to get clear reception. But that's where your analogy should end. ;)
    A radio gets clear reception of a broadcast signal and a medium - we hope - gets clear reception of the intended message from the discarnate individual (s)he has 'tuned in' to. It's a fair analogy. As you know though, Kurt, in America there's a tendency to use the (single) word 'medium' but it's preferable to say whether you mean a psychic-medium or a spiritual-medium. [For the rest of my posting when I say medium I'm meaning an individual who's a 'spiritual-medium'.]

A radio can. A medium shouldn't....;)

Again, a radio can but a medium shouldn't.

ditto!

nuff said

Kurt likes this.