1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

How do mediums decipher messages so fast?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Auras, Jul 11, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

My understanding comes from 'listening' to those whose knowledge is greater than my own and then from applying the same principle I asked you to employ for yourself - accepting only what appeals to your reason. ;)

2. mac

mac Staff Member

When we speak about mediumship - when I speak about mediumship because yous guys talk about 'channeling' ;) - the information communicated is not likely to be a highly-detailed scientific or technical message. Mediumship is about communicating the message of survival to those who come seeking it. I can't speak for Professor Hawking but most of the discarnate communicators we hear about are anxious to let their loved ones know they are alive, well and thinking about their still-incarnate loved ones.

I've made my view of reality known here on ALF on many occasions..... Define reality first and then we can discuss the subject. ;)

Kurt likes this.
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

Make it easy for this old fart would you please? Just tell me the important things you found. ;):) Then I can take a look at those and skip the puff and padding.

Kurt likes this.
  4. Auras

Auras New Member

If you watch it you will know what I’m talking about ;) It’s only 6 minutes long :p

5. mac

mac Staff Member

I've watched nearly 4 minutes and won't watch any more unless you assure me that what follows is any different from what I saw. And what I saw there was awful - mediums should give information to the recipient and not constantly be asking for information from the recipient.

So what's your reaction to what I've now said?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Kurt likes this.
  6. Auras

Auras New Member

Sorry for late reply, Mac.

That wasn’t the correct video so I’m sorry I wasted your time on that. I found the video and basically he explains to the audience how it “works”.

“I see pictures, thoughts and words and have to interpret what that means”

7. mac

mac Staff Member

Who's he?

8. Auras

Auras New Member

John Edwards, well known psychic medium.

9. poeticblue

poeticblue member

I use to watch John Edwards back in my younger years and quite enjoyed his episodes as a ‘proclaimed’ medium. Although he is well known, there has been news along with ‘loose evidence’ about him being fraudulent. Quite disappointing.

To be honest he does ask a lot of questions and utilizes cold reading techniques to pry answers from the people he’s doing a reading on. I’ve seen interviews where people stated he was way off the mark about what he said but they rarely showed those follow up interviews on television. There were also times where John Edwards was spot on but usually it was about general events. Something anyone in any family could have experienced in life and passed on from.

Lastly, I’m not sure if this is true or not, but interviews may or may not have been conducted by staff members prior to the reading in his audiences. So the information that he may have ‘channeled’ could have very well been through his staff members that gathered the information. I wish I can remember the name of the news outlet that shared this on television but it had to have been at least 10 years ago.

Either way, I was a huge fan of his back in the day however I’m more 50/50 on the fence now. If he is a genuine medium he does a pretty ok job. He just needs to slow down a bit and give more information towards the people grieving rather than trying to pry information from them. That much for sure he definitely should try to work on.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  10. Auras

Auras New Member

I’m not too sure about the asking questions part. Is mediumship taught differently in different countries?

I’ve watched many of his shows where he tells the recipient to not give out any information so I don’t know.

Some of his evidence he gives out like names are most of the time spot on so I wouldn’t think he is a fraud.