1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

How do mediums decipher messages so fast?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Auras, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Auras

Auras New Member

It’s quite amazing how mediums give out messages so fast but how do they decipher messages from spirit so quickly?

2. mac

mac Staff Member

They shouldn't need to decipher them. Their role is to listen to and/or observe their spirit communicators and then pass on details from them to the intended recipient without interpretation.

Kurt likes this.
  3. Auras

Auras New Member

Of course there needs to be some sort of interpretation to pass on a message though, without interpreting a message, it may never make sense to the recipient, don’t you agree?

Check this out if you have some time to watch.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Kurt likes this.
  4. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I'd boil it down to differences arising from varied methods of articulation.

For example, if John Deer channeled Stephen Hawking the translation may go from

"Subtle varieties in the calculations of our algorithms seem to indicate that there is no existence of a multiverse which answers a decades old scientific question"

May be translated as

"There is only our reality"

(In Hawking's last paper he used hyper advanced calculations to propose the non-existence of a multiverse.*)

* I could be wrong (I have not read the actual non dumbed down version in about a year or 2) but in it if I remember correctly he did this by imagining a globe made of numbers, visualizing the numbers and then rotating it in his mind while calculating what would happen to each number as it rotated and then expanded from there. Extremely extremely extremely mind blowing stuff. That man's mind was a literal computer.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  5. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Here are 2 fun facts. 1 - Hawking had a talent for articulating things in layman's terms without using any math at all. He was also very capable of speaking in very technical terms so I am certain that anyone channeling him would hear a already easy to understand version assuming they are channeling that iteration of his spirit.

Also, I feel the need to reaffirm that this is not the only reality.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

no - I do not agree. If a medium starts to 'interpret' then coloration by the medium may occur.

A medium may have to 'build' a less-incomplete message from snippets of information if it's not coming through clearly or in sequence but a competent medium knows not to materially change the message - even if it doesn't make sense to a recipient.

It's a skill that takes time and practice to perfect.

7. Auras

Auras New Member

I’ll take your word Mac, although from watching demonstrations and such, it looks completely different to what you’re saying.

8. mac

mac Staff Member

Please don't accept what I say unless you agree. I'm basing my approach on what I know about the way Spiritualist evidential mediumship is demonstrated. If others are doing other things it's for you to decide what appeals to your reason.

Auras likes this.
  9. mac

mac Staff Member

If that were a spirit-communicated message it would be a failure of the practitioner to deliver the message the way it was intended.

Is John Deer a medium? Can he communicate with the spirit of the now-dead Professor Hawking? Would he be able to establish conclusively he was getting a message from the spirit of Hawking?

Kurt likes this.
  10. Auras

Auras New Member

Yeah I get that but you have more knowledge when it comes to this field which indicates you’re most probably right so I will keep your word on it :)