1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hi!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Pablo, May 21, 2020.

1. Hi all,
    I've been listening to Roberta's podcast for about three years now, and lurking in this forum (and all over the internet and books). Made an account mainly to be able to download the condensed PDF of the questions to Mikey pt 1 thread. Thanks for making that, Mac! Didn't make one earlier because I don't think I have something substantial to contribute, I'm still learning and collecting information.

I'm fascinated beyond words by all this, and it's a shame I can't really talk to friends or family about it. I try though! Can't fathom how this is not the most important, or at least interesting subject to explore for most people.
    I'm also working my way towards exploring other realms/planes first-hand through lucid dreaming (have been able to a couple of times but not into other realms yet) and out of body experiences (no luck yet), while trying to get in tune with my intuition and paying attention to synchronicities. I want to know from experience instead of merely believing (though I think the evidence is compelling enough).

So yeah, hi all!
    Hugs and love,
    Pablo

Kurt likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

Hi Pablo and welcome to ALF :) Glad to see you after your being a lurker for so long. Don't fret that you can't discuss your interest with family or friends - that's so often the case or, worse still, you can experience out-and-out rejection and/or hostility.

:D Glad you've found the material about Carol and Mikey helpful. Part 1 was just the beginning and there are now parts 2 and 3 to view but not downloadable. A good way to get into them is by using the website search facility to look for particular guidance or help.

Pablo and Kurt like this.
  3. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

It's a pleasure to meet you Pablo. I hope you enjoy your time here.

4. Thanks guys!

I try not to fret about it, but it's super frustrating when friends I can otherwise have the wildest conversations with react hostile or laugh at me when I try to bring up this topic. I know it's just a memetic defence mechanism on their part, but man I wish they would just have a look at all the info available before rejecting.

I have to be completely honest though and add that until about 5 years ago me too I was just like them. Any kind of paranormal claim (=not supported by the material science community) I dismissed without giving evidence/theory/people's experiences etc any chance to convince me. And that's when you call yourself unironically a 'sceptic', right? :)
    So I guess it's a thing people have to figure out at their own pace most times...

5. mac

mac Staff Member

They'll learn or become aware when it's their time..... Before then it's likely that reactions will range anywhere from polite forbearance thru no interest to outright rejection and ridicule. Yuh can led a horse to water....