1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. tintoela

tintoela New Member

Hi, I have been reading as a guest for a few weeks and finally decided to join.

I, like many of you, lost my partner. It's been nearly 16 years and I hate to tell you that I am still just as devastated as that first day. I have read posts of others who have lost their partners and understand what you are going through. Not a single person in my life understands my grief, which is why I am here.

2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Hi, tintoela. Five & a half years for me, and my devastation hasn't diminished, either. That's how it is for some people. Welcome to this site; there are some good people here, and some interesting discussions.

3. Maria

Maria Member

Welcome to ALF tintoela. I think you will find many here who will share your pain and understand your grief. My partner Peter, died in January 2017, and I honestly feel that I will never recover from this death. This has led me to enquire a lot about the afterlife and after death communication, and I find this site very informative and therapeutic in that I can express the many emotions I experience, caused by bereavement.

4. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Welcome Tintoela and I hope you find some peace and insight here. The love of my life transitioned in June, 2017 and I weep every day over Her physical loss. I know She is safe and happy but I don't think my grief will end until we are reunited.

5. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

To everyone who posted above and to everyone experiencing this as much as it hurts how beautiful was the love we shared that the pain of their physical loss has lasted for so long and seems to never end? How magnificent was our love and relationship to them to experience this pain? I believe it is our pain, not theirs. They finished the race and they stand by us in what's hopefully our last lap. She is here with me now but my grief sometimes (often) clouds Her attempts to reach out to this stupid person than I am. But I still feel Her sweet tender hand every day and what keeps me here is realizing that I will feel that sweet hand again. I hope this makes sense.
    Peace.