1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hi

Discussion in 'member introductions' started by Cassie, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Cassie

Cassie New Member

Hi I've been retired from work for 4 years. I enjoy walking my two dogs by the sea and researching family trees. My interest in life after death began in my early teens and I have been lucky to receive much proof of survival. I'm very pleased to have found this site (thanks to Mac) and look forward to reading and participating in discussions. Cassie

2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site, Cassie. :)

3. Cassie

Cassie New Member

Thanks Bluebird. I love your Tennyson quote. It reminds me of this one by Balfour - A tent in which to pass a summer's night:

‘Our highest truths are but half-truths;
    Think not to settle down for ever in any truth.
    Make use of it as a tent in which to pass a summer’s night,
    But build no house of it, or it will be your tomb.
    When you first have an inkling of its insufficiency
    And begin to descry a dim counter-truth looming up beyond,
    Then weep not, but give thanks:
    It is the Lord’s voice whispering,
    “Take up thy bed and walk.” ‘

4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Thanks, Cassie. I like your Balfour quote and its meaning as well, and have never encountered it before. It sort of reminds me of a lot of poetry by Rumi, the great Sufi poet.