1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hi, I'm new to the Forum...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by jfleegs, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Really?! Awesome! Haha I know what you mean. Okay so I'm sure it will take some time, I get a little anxious. Yeah its hard to get past that wishful thinking mode. I plan on buying another book soon on the subject. Okay cool I will def take a look at it!

2. Highlander

Highlander Member

Jfleegs, I also want to welcome you to the forum and am glad to see you have gotten signs from your girlfriend. It's important to be open and have a positive attitude when trying to overcome grief and get acknowledgement from a loved one who has passed.
    BTW I have been meditating for decades and began when I had lost someone close to me. Remember that we all initially have difficulty focusing when learning to meditate. Just bring your self back to the task at hand and you will see it becomes easier with practice.
    Hopefully your experience and the way you're handling it can be of some help to bluebird, another member who is also grieving.

3. Hi Highlander, Thanks..Yeah its the ever struggle of, is it just me or is it really her? I think we have an aspect of us that tries to rationalize everything and it can really bring us to a dark place. I've had many rough days that brought me to the brink, I was angry, and very bitter. Even when I was lucky enough to recognize these signs that were clear as day to me I still wanted more. I read like a mad man trying to figure out if life after death was true. One of the main things I gather is there is an over whelming amount of proof of an Afterlife and to people who don't believe in anything after death, thats basically taking all this evidence throwing it out and shutting the door on yourself.

I get very angry when I think how god has taken her away from my life. Im 25 years old and the woman I was going to marry and have kids with is gone. I may have to live 60 years without the one I love. I was jealous of everyone around me who had that person to comfort them after the loss. Everyone got to be with the person they love and tell them its okay. The person I loved was gone. It can be a very dark and lonely place. People try to comfort you and say if you need anyone to talk to you can talk to me, but the only one you want is her.

The thing that helps me is to search and try to overcome this grief so I can recognize her with me. I read every book I could about the afterlife and I realized I have to believe in her still. The more I believed she was with me the more I got signs, and the more I saw her in my mind, I could even see orbs and little light in the corner of my eyes moving delicately then extremely fast. I would feel soft wind blow through my hair and little touch's on my arm, the signs I mentioned before, and many more.

The Grief that you feel will only block all the things your loved one is trying to send to you. I know its hard I struggle with it every day. I hope Bluebird that you find peace it is the only way to make it through this, I promise.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  4. Highlander

Highlander Member

Jfleegs, Anger, hatred and fear are all part of the normal response to dealing with grief. What may be next for you is acceptance, in other words letting go of the negativity, which if held only makes things worse.
    Godspeed you on your journey.

5. bluebird

bluebird Regular Contributor

jfleegs, i'm glad you are finding some peace. As for me, i have no ability or desire to "make it through this". I only want it to end.

If i had absolute proof, from my husband, that there is an afterlife and that he is safe & happy there, and that we will be together again, that would be great. Even if that happened though, i would still want to die. I have NO desire for this life, without my husband here with me, and i never will.