1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi im new & hoping to find a way forward x

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by Max, May 21, 2017.

1. Max

Max New Member

hi I feel confused and worried about where my son is. My son died by suicide this year . I've been reading nde/afterlife am having counceling but feel there must be something I'm not getting .. any help much appreciated thank you x

2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Welcome to the website, Max. You will find many different types of people here, and many different opinions about the possible existence of an afterlife. I hope you are able to find some ideas/beliefs which help you.

3. Max

Max New Member

Hi thank you for your reply .. I'm wondering if a medium or psychic could help ? I've never been a huge church goer but have always believed there is something .. I'm really struggling at the moment I miss him soooo much .. I have 3 children and am close to them all but it doesn't stop the pain of my eldest not being here ... where do I start on here ? X

4. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I understand your asking where do you start on here. I don't know because I don't know you.

Here you'll find folk like me - for example website owner Roberta - who are totally persuaded about life 'beyond the grave' but we got to that point in very different ways and still see some matters differently from one another. We don't expect for one moment, though, that you should be persuaded by our reasons unless they appeal to your reasoning. There may be something on these threads to help you. Take a look around and come back to us.

You wonder if a psychic or medium could help. My answer is that the former won't and the latter might but it can't be guaranteed. Being a churchgoer has no relevance to mediumship other than you may be able to find a medium at a Spiritualist church dependent on where you live. But mediums aren't necessarily Spiritualists or work through churches.

I'll stop at that until I've heard more from you.

mac

5. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Max,

You're very welcome. I don't know if a medium or psychic could help....perhaps, if you find a legitimate one. I have to say that I am agnostic/atheist when it comes to "god", and agnostic when it comes to an afterlife, so you have more faith than I do. I will say that I visited a medium about 1.5 years after my husband's death (that was the earliest appointment I could get with her), and while I still don't know if my husband actually communicated with me through her (because I don't know if he still exists to do so), at the very least I believe that she believes in what she's doing. If you are interested in contacting her, her name is Janet Nohavec (here's a link to her website: http://www.janetnohavec.com/). I see from your profile that you are in the UK, and Ms. Nohavec is in New Jersey (in the US), but I believe she also does phone readings. If you decide to arrange a reading with her, I would recommend doing so as soon as possible, as there is always a long wait before the reading takes place (as I mentioned, I had to make an appointment for over a year later than my call to arrange it).

6. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

for Max

I hadn't looked at your profile and consequently didn't know where you lived. I'm in NG19.

UK Spiritualist churches can be found throughout mainland UK, sometimes less so in remote areas. I rarely recommend anything but if you're thinking about seeking out a medium - not a psychic - then you can reach me here either publicly or via private messaging. I'll try to help in any way I can.