1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hi, I'm Coby

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by CobyMD97, May 7, 2019.

1. CobyMD97

CobyMD97 New Member

Hi :)

2. mac

mac Staff Member

As you might anticipate we could tell you that none of your fears are well-founded but what would be the point? YOU are the one who needs to learn for himself. You've a choice - go with the ones who preach hell-fire and damnation and that you shouldn't communicate with 'the dead' or listen to folk who shake their head in dismay and disbelief that such nonsense is still being peddled.

You're very welcome to what I've suggested you should think about but it's not advice. I only give advice when I'm sure someone is asking for it, when I know what they want and when I know I have relevant information that may help them. ;):D

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Coby, You have nothing to fear! Yes, there are some demonish beings, which is why 1JN 4:1 says that we should "try the spirits, to see that they are of God." Every reputable medium does that! People speak with spirits throughout the Bible, for heaven's sake. And Jesus says that we should seek and we will find; He doesn't say, "But seek only inside the Bible," does He? You can ignore all NDE reports, since they are a phenomenon unrelated to death and no one who has an NDE has been to the actual afterlife. I'll bet when you eliminate all the YouTubes and other accounts that are scary NDEs, you will find that you have eliminated most or all of the nightmarish accounts on the web.

Dear Coby, it is all good news! God perfectly loves you in particular, and God wants you not to be afraid. If you will trust Jesus, He will lead you into the glorious and perfectly genuine eternal truth that in fact there really is no bad news!

CobyMD97 likes this.
  4. CobyMD97

CobyMD97 New Member

I know that, to be honest it does sound ridiculous when I say it out loud, but it's still something that if anything concerned me with the possibility of it being true. I would basically just like to be reassured that such a statement is indeed ridiculous, if it is, and that I shouldn't worry about being deceived by evil.

And thank you again.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

It doesn't sound ridiculous but it does sound like you are influenced / made to fear by events and situations in your life. I'd guess religion might also be involved. If so it can be hard to deal with stuff you've been exposed to in your formative years. Try to read some of the threads whose titles catch your fancy to get a feel for the way we approach things. See if it appeals to you. :)

Please try to remember that this life is for living and all the afterlife stuff can wait 'til later, some time in the future after you've been able to dump the stuff that's not working for you. :)

CobyMD97 likes this.
  6. CobyMD97

CobyMD97 New Member

Thank you so much. I looked up other topics on this forum and your posts about the subject did instill some hope in me. Still though, I have my doubts and fears. Not seriously because of religion, I'm not very religious, just more the fear of what is right/what is wrong. I certainly don't want Scientific Materialism to be right (which would mean nothing after death at all) but I also am concerned about the possibility of Hell being real (LGBT....). The idea of sin scares me, in this modern day and age I have no idea what is sinful and what isn't, and what it means for my afterlife. Reincarnation I find interesting, but not entirely sure how it works if it's real, and the NDE portrait of the afterlife seems almost too good to be true (is it pretty much like life as it is here only eternal/without pain & suffering? I don't know what to make of it).

And you are sure that NDEs are not real? Some of them are very compelling - such as the cases of Pam Reynolds and Eben Alexander. Though I do agree obviously they did not get the full experience (otherwise they would not have come back). Well, Pam did, she crossed over in 2010. Both of them had pleasant NDEs, of course. Still the thought of demonic deception scares me, I can link you to my sources about these things if you want, to perhaps respond to them? I don't know what to make of them myself, I am just trying to piece together what is true.

7. Luna

Luna Member

The thing about NDEs is you have to take it with a grain of salt. The ones you mentioned are very interesting and compelling- I've read them previously. However none of these experiences take place in the actual afterlife, so sometimes the person having the experience sees odd or even scary things. This is not a clear vision of the afterlife, but if it is comforting or helpful then build off of that. At least that's my opinion.

CobyMD97 likes this.
  8. CobyMD97

CobyMD97 New Member

Oh, so I'm very confused then.....if it's not the actual afterlife, then where do they take place? I do see what you mean though, they obviously aren't the full experience of what it's like anyway considering that, well, the person has to come back. I certainly try to believe in an Afterlife, and I do think NDEs can at least say that our consciousness can survive death. I'm guessing nobody really knows what the rest of the experience would be like?

9. Luna

Luna Member

Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you. I believe most NDEs take place in the astral plane, which is the same as out of body experiences. The astral plane, as I understand it, is a plane between the earth plane and the afterlife. Any one absolutely correct me or elaborate if I'm mistaken. Either way, like you said they aren't the full experience.

There are resources describing what the after life is like- Carol and Mikey have answered hundreds of questions surrounding it, but it's up to you if you believe it or resonate with it.

CobyMD97 likes this.
  10. CobyMD97

CobyMD97 New Member

I'll try to look around and check them out when I can then.