1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hi... I was told I should post here...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by poeticblue, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew

Andrew Guest

No part of the afterlife actually has time, as we think of it. Time is part of the earthly illusion and, just like everything else, we have to be weened off it. In the lower Summerland levels, there is some stretchy form of time, but it disappears as we go higher. Of course, there is no time whatsoever when he have completely rejoined the Source/Mind - but there is no land either. We just are at that point - like nirvana in Buddhism.

2. poeticblue

poeticblue member

So did we all start out being in the summerlands ? Since we've always "have been" .. is that where we started? If so, why then would we have left? I mean I now understand the meaning behind it all .. but if everything was perfect to begin with, what then caused us to feel like we all of a sudden had to reincarnate. Hope this makes sense.

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

What you have to understand is there was no beginning really at all. There is no time. That is hard for us physical beings to comprehend, but, once we do, we understand that there really was no beginning - because we always were. I cannot really give you an answer as to where we started off, other than saying that - in our natural, first state, we are God/Mind/Source. That's where our journey began.

Now, why would we choose to come here if that were the case. Well, our dear friend Wonderer summed it all up perfectly in a post of his on another forum that we both belong to. I'm just going to copy that because he phrases it better than I could have done:

[TABLE="class: bordercolor, width: 100%, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: windowbg, bgcolor: #DEE4EC, align: left"]If I understood well, it [A Course in Miracles] also explains that this universe was created by accident, in that, the mind of the Son of God had a tiny, crazy idea that separation might be possible, and since the mind is so infinitely creative, the thought gave rise to separation.

God realized immediately what was happening and ended that separation so we ended back safe in God. Matter, energy, time and space were created in that instant of separation and within the illusory time, the universe goes on.

All of us feel guilty for having caused the separation, so we choose to incarnate and learn lessons so we can get rid of the fear and selfishness and the illusion of separation. Our goal is to re-learn love and forgiveness and complete our reunion with God which actually happened long ago outside of this illusion of time.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

This theory of creation comes from A Course in Miracles. Personally, I believe that this is how our journey got started, but some people don't. Ultimately, it doesn't matter because our objectives in life are the same either way.

4. TheAstonMartian

TheAstonMartian Inactive

Whoa! A Course in Miracles is a huge book so I did not really get into it. Someday I would like to join a group to go through some of the activities as I read that there are a diverse amount of activities to practice forgiveness.

What boggles me personally is why there is something rather than nothing? Why does something exist? Why does God as everything exist. But maybe its the same as a human body with countless cells living and operating within. I could also imagine so many different planets, realities, living conditions, and ethics that if a soul wanted, it would be infinitely experiencing everything. It's like the game Spores, where the possibilities are infinite.

For anyone not aware of the game Spore, here's a review by IGN.

[video=youtube;MZ7C5wPDTF0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MZ7C5wPDTF0[/video]

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi again! There is really no answer to why Something exists, rather than nothing. Because, God/Source has always existed, it's not as though He/It made the consciouss effort to be. If the Source didn't exist though, we certainly wouldn't be here pondering It! This is how I look at it: something has to exist for there to be nothing because, if there is just nothing, then there is no one to show that it exists. You cannot really have nothing, if there is not a source of something to compare it to.

6. TheAstonMartian

TheAstonMartian Inactive

Eloquently stated! I could not have said it better. Something exists because there is someone to ponder its existence. But no one knows why something exists. For something to exist, there must be a beginning, and there must be time. Since the source always has been, and is beyond the realms of time and space, there simply is no comprehension as to why it is.

7. Andrew

Andrew Guest

There is an old Roman philosophy that sort-of pertains to this. I don't know if you've studied Latin, but it is rather simple: "Cogito ergo sum." or in French "Je pense, donc je suis." The English translates to roughly "I think, therefore I am/exist"

So, what does that have to do with anything? I think that nothing can really exist without realizing that it exists. Something is not real if it cannot ponder its own existence. For example, all the material stuff in this world that is not alive is not real. Ultimately, the evidence tells us that anything that is not sentient, is not part of the Mind/God/Source, and so is not real objectively. So I guess someone figured that out back in ancient Rome :).

8. TheAstonMartian

TheAstonMartian Inactive

I think it was Rene Descartes who came up with that philosophical assertion when he began to question reality. The only thing he came up was that he thinks, therefore he is, and his existence is justified. In a way, it also relates to solipsism where only the person knows that he exists because that's the only thing he can verify. He cannot verify others beyond his observation of them, therefore they do not exist separate of him, but only as a part of his observation.

The new assertion would be I am, therefore I think, I am. The source exists, therefore it can think that it exists as a human.

9. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Now there's an interesting thought! Does the Source exist because it thinks, or, does it think because it exists? Mind-boggling, huh?

10. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

This is the oldest reference to the fabled Hitler thread I have been searching for for years now.

Instead of gatekeeping can someone please show me where it is?

I don't need to justify myself but I will say this.

1 - It is simply fascinating

2 - I am not in the saturated with knowledge to the point of boredom club

3 - Wow. That actually resonates deeply with me. I would like to learn more. Maybe I made that mistake before incarnation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.