1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hi, I just found this place

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Brad, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Brad

Brad New Member

Yeah, it looks like chaos to us, but every thing that happens here is a teaching tool, even with free will involved. They say that every conceivable outcome to the choices we've made in this life is actually happening at once.... I know; the first time I heard that I called B.S. but, again, I found it in enough different sources that I had to give it credit and now it helps me understand "the system" a little more and makes other aspects more believable. There certainly is a supreme intelligence at the helm of all this, and even though most NDEs are apparently there by mistake, it's all under complete control. Remember, this is not the REAL world, SO many NDEs say that it felt more real over there than it ever did here.....

2. mac

mac Staff Member

Reflect, if you would, that we probably will not agree what 'real' actually means. I won't raise the issue again but it's something we've discussed before.

3. Brad

Brad New Member

I guess I don't really see the importance of defining "reality". The way I see it; there's "here" and there's " the other side". They say that "here" is all an illusion or a hologram that only exist at a certain vibration level, but I'm still chewing on all that...

4. mac

mac Staff Member

Hierarchy is a human notion.

Things 'over there' work in ways we probably have no way of easily comprehending but I think it would be misleading to consider there's a 'flat management structure'. As I understand what I've learned, there are spiritually-advanced entities who 'oversee' the 'systems' for which they have undertaken responsibility. [I'm hampered expressing myself now because I'm having to use human words and man-made concepts and they feel decidedly inappropriate.]

These responsibilities - again as I understand things - are willingly and lovingly taken on as a service to those spiritually more-progressed and those spiritually less-progressed. Unlike our human systems they're not a reward or a promotion. As there is no time in the way we experience it there appears to be no way to understand 'how long' things have been that way. The words 'always' and 'eternally' get used because we have nothing more suitable!

Whether things have needed to change to reflect the currently chaotic situation of our physical world I have no idea but I'm confident that this world's needs are constantly known and any changes found desirable 'over there' will happen naturally, constantly progressively rather than needing any stepwise 'management action'.

Our world understandably seems chaotic to us - and indeed it may seem that way to those 'over there' - but this world has experienced other chaotic times. The present one is nothing new although it may be particularly 'bad'. We can't see the situation, though, in context. How would our present day chaos stack up against other periods of chaos one might wonder?

Wars are dreadful events. Famines are dreadful events. It's a hundred years since Spanish Flu killed between 50 and 100 milion in a short period of time and following the great war at the start of the 20th century. What of those periods of chaos? Were they less chaotic than our time now? Do we humans think that 'our time' is always the biggest problem-time?

5. mac

mac Staff Member

Forgive me but that appears amazingly myopic to me.

And I'm naturally resistant to what 'they say' about stuff they don't appear to understand. 'They' often appear to have not a scrap of an idea what might be going on, unaware of 'the big picture' and viewing issues in isolation, without overall context.

'They' are not the kind of folk I take any notice of but, hey, chacun a son gout mi duck...

6. mac

mac Staff Member

It's understandable you may be a little confused, Pandora, about what this member means. Without my going into detail may I suggest you should not pay heed to what's claimed in the mendacious posting?

Kurt likes this.
  7. pandora97

pandora97 Established Member

Thanks mac. I think I already figured that out but I really look to Roberta's and your posts to help me make heads or tails of some of the things posted on the site. (the above post #5 appears to be a little snarky o_Obut I can't be sure)

Kurt likes this.
  8. mac

mac Staff Member

It was a taunt, directed mostly at me. The details are nonsense. ;)

9. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Same