1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hi, I’m Nik

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Wormwood, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Hi guys. I’ve been an amateur student of all sorts of paranormal phenomena (a rather obsessive one) for nearly a decade now. Aside from afterlife topics I have a particular interest in the UFO phenomena, and really any for any sort of other anomalous phenomena. It’s most interesting to see how all of these seemed to be linked in one way or another. Consciousness is the link which binds everything together. Anyways, I’m glad to be here and I’m hoping I can contribute.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

welcome to ALF :)

We don't have a specific section for anomalous or UFO phenomena but postings/discussion of those subjects should be in the Off-Topic, Members Only forum please.

Wormwood likes this.
  3. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Welcome Nik,

You and a former member here would have had a field day regarding paranormal activities.

We use to have an Alien thread that was created but has now been closed due to irreconcilable differences. However if you wish to start your own thread about the matter, feel free to do so.

Wormwood likes this.
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

May I ask you something? What is your approach to the notion of life after death, the main thrust of this website?

5. Regarding afterlife states I place a high value on who I consider to be credible OBE/Astral travelers. Guys like Bob Monroe, Jurgen Ziewe, Graham Nichols, Cyrus Kirkpatrick, Greg Doyle, William Buhlman etc, particularly regarding their experiences with departed friends and loved ones. With where I’m at now in my thinking, these peoples experiences form the base of my thinking. But my thinking is always changing as I integrate new and/or different info.

I also cautiously integrate some of the channeled material, like Seth Speaks etc, And reports from gifted mediums and their conversations with the dead.

As tremendously important as NDEs are from a spiritual and scientific standpoint, I tend to think of them as powerful experiences of transcendent consciousness, and not necessarily representative of particular afterlife states.

Some of the other paranormal topics that I mentioned are definitely part of the puzzle of consciousness and reality. But I think their specific relevance to our immediate afterlife state is limited, but there is certainly SOME spillover.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

thank you