1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hi folks

Discussion in 'member introductions' started by poeticblue, Oct 10, 2018.

1. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Hello old and new friends!

I just want to say that I’ve been busy with moving into a new home, marriage, and getting my daughter situated with her new start in middle school so I apologize with my absence.

I have also received a few messages asking if I am ok in regards with my well being as well as my whereabouts.

Many of you may or may not know that I have suffered with substance abuse as well as depression and I’ve been actively seeking treatments for as long as I’ve been on the forum and will continue to do so for the rest of my duration of this life if it will help others.

To answer other questions I have received, me and my family are fine and I appreciate the concerns (considering past issues on the forum that may have happened).

I have a lot of catching up to do on here and I appreciate being back.

SashaS and Kurt like this.
  2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your marriage! I'm glad you and your family are doing well.

Kurt likes this.
  3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

welcome back to ALF :)

Kurt likes this.
  4. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Hey thanks! Glad to be back. Something in my spirit has been calling me to post again on the boards but I wanted to do it when I knew that I was ready again as well as have more free time. I have a lot of unique experiences that I would love to share but I dont know where to start lol. It’s been an interesting ride that’s for sure.

I have two self help group meetings to go to this morning and then afterwards I’ll have time to fish through the threads and catch up. I’ve actually mentioned on occasion this forum as being one of my support groups in the meetings that I attend. Being here has helped in a lot of ways especially when it came to re evaluating myself.

I’ll stop rambling on the thread now :)

Kurt likes this.
  5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear beautiful friend, you are such an asset here - you can help so many people. We all are glad to learn that you are doing well!!

Kurt likes this.
  6. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Congratulations on everything!!

7. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

WeeWe glad to see you back.

8. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Member

Congratulations (((( Poeticblue )))) on your marriage! I also got married too this summer yay!! :)

Kurt and poeticblue like this.
  9. mac

long time, no see :)

Kurt likes this.
  10. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Member

Hi Mac! :)

11. mac

Hi mmc - will you be staying with us?

Kurt, poeticblue and marmaladecat like this.
  12. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

There’s my girl!! Hello and thanks. Missed you a lot.

Kurt and marmaladecat like this.
  13. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

And congrats as well. I’ve definetly missed you.

Kurt and marmaladecat like this.
  14. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Member

Yes, will be staying around (although I was always popping in and out of the forum quietly ;)) There were a lot of distractions this year but I’m hoping to contribute more to the forum now that things have settled down a little more at home. :)

15. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Member

You were missed too, so really great to see you back on the boards :)

16. Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown New Member

Congratulations!!