1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hi everyone

Discussion in 'member introductions' started by jells, Feb 23, 2018.

1. jells

jells New Member

I recently joined ALF and wanted to introduce myself. I've been reading older posts for a while now, and thought I'd try to stop being such a lurker. There is a lot of good reading here, however, and time just seems to fly by as they say.
    I've always been firm in my beliefs that there is an afterlife, but like a lot of you I suppose, there's always that little nagging entity called doubt that just loves to start inner arguments, even in the face of good evidence. My most major interests for many years have always been in OBEs, lucid dreaming, and NDEs. I've never had an NDE but really should've IMHO considering :) --oh well. As far as OBEs and LDs go, although they were quite numerous starting in my early 20s, they have fallen off progressively as I've gotten older. These days, occasionally I'll get lucky with one or the other about once or twice a month, but with nowhere near the clarity they once had. And although I can't say that my efforts in OBEs haven't been somewhat helpful in validating an afterlife, I guess looking back there just seems a lot was lacking in this approach to me. But again, maybe I'm just paying too much attention to the little nag? Or my age perhaps?
    So for the past few years I've been reading, maybe a little bit obsessively, in other areas pointing more towards proving (for myself at least) the afterlife--possibly an impossible task I'm sure. I realize that true conviction has to come from within--somewhere. Anyway, it's nice to meet you all, and I look forward to learning a lot.

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

welcome to ALF :)

We regular contributors are a mixed bunch with varying levels of persuasion and widely-varying experiences - but I guess you know that already. ;) Hope to hear more from you.....

3. jells

jells New Member

Thanks for the welcome mac. Mixed variables do make it interesting. I'll try my best to be regular :)

4. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

We embrace diversity - no need to be conservative or conventional on ALF.