1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by meganmachinegun, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

Both books are excellent, so good that I've read both several times. I also loved Richard Martini's books over the years and he's one of the authors I'd most like to sit down with and have a wide-ranging discussion.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Thank you for reading my books, Genewardsmith! And the books that you recommend are generally very good - I would just caution everyone that a channeled book or one that compiles communications from a dead person really can be trusted as evidential material ONLY if the person now living in the afterlife and sending this information is at a higher level! For example, Mikey Morgan is a genuine sixth-level being. He may be the highest-level dead person who ever has communicated with us, and he could do that only by taking a fresh 20-year lifetime that ended in 2007, nearly 400 years after he had stopped incarnating. His Flying High in Spirit is absolutely consistent with all the other afterlife evidence, and it's a quick and wonderful read!

3. genewardsmith

genewardsmith New Member

I think both Frances Banks and A. D. Mattson are relatively advanced spiritually. I hope I won't annoy you by remarking that Mikey is advanced spiritually but quite average mentally, which is limiting in some respects. Also, he hasn't been over very long. If you believe as I do that Jesus wrote A Course in Miracles, he wins the sweepstakes as the most advanced communicator ever. Unfortunately, he has not the slightest interest in satisfying our curiosity except on those topics which can serve to advance spiritual development. The group communicating through Stainton Moses was said to have included some very advanced spirits. One of the Flint communicators said he was Francis of Assisi. While this would have been though a relay chain and not directly as Mikey seems able to do, it certainly conveyed to me a sense of very advanced spirituality.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  4. RobertaGrimes

With respect, I would make just two points:

1) It is impossible to judge Mikey Morgan's mental development as a discarnate from his book, in which he is trying to communicate as a 20-year-old; and at any rate, what we think of as "mental development" is meaningless where he is now. It is spiritual development that matters.

2) I cannot imagine why you feel that Jesus "has not the slightest interest in satisfying our curiosity"! Upon what do you base that opinion?

5. genewardsmith

genewardsmith New Member

I was talking about A Course in Miracles, which shows little indication it is intended to satisfy curiosity. It is very much focused on spiritual development.

6. RobertaGrimes

In His Gospel words and in A Course in Miracles (which He didn't write - He led the team that channeled it), Jesus is leading us to become curious about the only thing that matters. When you graduate you will be able to satisfy whatever lesser curiosities you might have, but the only thing that matters at all is what actually is yours to keep: your eternal mind, and the extent to which you improve it during your time on earth!

7. Ed A.

Ed A. New Member

Here are some of my favorites:

1. Kenneth Ring, Heading Towards Omega. It was the book that taught me to believe in the afterlife, so very significant for me, personally. Lots of evidence (NDEs).
    2. Kim Sheridan, Animals and the Afterlife. A personal favorite.
    3. George Anderson, Walking in the Garden of Souls (or most anything by him)
    4. Michael Newton, Journey of Souls
    5. The Last Frontier, by Julia Assante. Brilliant overview. A bit kooky at times, but that's ok.
    6. The Afterlife Revealed, by Stafford Betty. Good overview.
    7. Science and the Afterlife Experience, by Chris Carter. Evidential.
    8. Liberating Jesus, by Roberta Grimes (or The Fun of Dying, either one). Good stuff.
    9. Messages from the Masters, by Brian Weiss. What do the masters want to tell us?
    10. The Afterlife Experiments, by Gary Schwartz. Evidential.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  8. genewardsmith

genewardsmith New Member

How do you know Jesus didn't write ACIM?

9. RobertaGrimes

I asked my primary guide, and this was his answer. I had assumed it, anyway, since upper-level eternal beings nearly always work in groups, and often in very large groups; and they will give their unity a name. You'll recall that the group that did ACIM called itself "J."

10. genewardsmith

genewardsmith New Member

I don't think any "J" was involved. "J" is a term Gary Renard, hardly a credible source, used. I don't know of anyone using it before him, though they may have. It's not found in the Course itself.

11. RobertaGrimes

I'm surprised. I was certain that I had seen it in the Course - I actually can see it on the page! But, no matter. It was a group of very advanced beings led by Jesus who dictated the Course, in any event.

12. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

How to further develop abilities would be helpful for me. I’m finding all sorts of stuff online but I don’t trust the sources and suspect it’s not the best route.

Thanks to you or anyone that can shoot me in a better direction.

13. RobertaGrimes

Unexpected, Susanne Wilson is working to develop promising mediums now. Carefreemedium.com. You might check it out!

Unexpected likes this.
  14. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

As usual, you are always so helpful. Grateful for your work and thank you for pointing me in this direction. I was able to get a spot in her upcoming classes!

15. RobertaGrimes

I'm so glad to help. Please let me know how it goes!

Ed A. and Unexpected like this.