1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by meganmachinegun, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Unexpected

Unexpected Guest

Hello! Thank you for sharing all of this. I'm coming to terms with some of my own stuff and it's quite helpful to read what you have been experiencing and what others are suggesting to you. I'm also in a location that is limited and I really wish there was a circle or group nearby to meet with. You are still a few states away from me unfortunately.

If I hear of anything your way I'll shoot you the info. Best wishes on your new journey.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Everyone, the Afterlife Research and Education Institute (AREI) is forming local interest groups now on all kinds of topics. Wendy Zammit is leading the charge, and she is doing a terrific job!

Unexpected likes this.
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

What specifically are you looking to learn about? That will impact the books/literature that might help you. This afterlife stuff is a wide-ranging topic.

From my own perspective I'm not confident that so-called New Age books will meet your needs or provide helpful, contextual information.

I find it especially sad that in the USA there appear to be so few locations where you can meet and interact with others of a similar interest. but it is what it is and cyber-contacts may be the best compromise.

4. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

If/when you feel comfortable sharing, I would be interested in hearing/reading about your experience.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

Hi, bb - I'm not there right now but perhaps later.

6. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I understand. ;)
    I hope all is well.

7. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

I never realized how difficult it would be to pick favorite books out of the ones I've read:eek: Here are a few, but there are so many interesting books on the subject out there right now. All are available on Amazon, but libraries should have at least some of them too: Any of George Anderson's books, anything by John Holland, James van Praagh, Tony Stockwell or Patrick Matthews or by Gordon Smith, who has a lot of books out and I've enjoyed all the ones I've read so far. They're mediums but there are also books by bereaved people that I found really moving: Mark Ireland's books are wonderful and very uplifting and I liked the one on Galen Stoller and even the Afterlife of Billie Fingers book by Annie Kagan about which there's some controversy.

And there are so many more! I know I'm forgetting dozens of books, so if you want more titles, just ask.

8. mac

mac Staff Member

Thanks, bb, I'm doing just fine but nowadays seeing things through slightly different eyes and wondering what comes next.

Maybe it's awareness of the approaching end of my life - I don't necessarily mean immediately or even shortly (could be wrong! :D) but I'm in the last quarter now and things look different from this end of life - understandably one might say. ;)

9. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

Finding this site has lead me to reading Roberta's books. In The Fun of Dying she mentions a few books which discuss what the afterlife experience is actually like. One is Testimony of Light, a wonderful book, and another are the Anthony Borgia books of which I am a bit dubious.

I however would heartily endorse the two A. D. Mattson books, Witness From Beyond and Evidence From Beyond. These should be better known. Another book which seems to get overlooked is Stephen Lives, a mother's channeling of her son, Stephen Puryear. Then there's Post-Mortem Journal, experiences of T. E Lawrence (yes, that Lawrence.) Another well-known name is W. T. Stead, who brought through The Blue Island, about experiences immediately after the Titanic sinks, where he is brought to a theraputic locale before proceeding on. This you can get on the net for free, which may also be true for Testimony of Light, though that is still under copyright.

10. Zac

Zac New Member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017