1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hi all! First Visit Here.

Discussion in 'member introductions' started by Myrna and Keith, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Myrna and Keith

Myrna and Keith New Member

I'm a new member to the forums. My wife of 30-years died three months ago. We had/have a very close relationship. We were both very broken people who helped each other to be whole. We both had different strengths and weaknesses and made a pretty good team. She was always much more open minded about spiritual ideas than I, although we both had experiences from lost loved ones over the years. About a month into very intense grief (when I was starting to consider not staying here any longer), she punched her way through my thick head, kissed me, told me she loved me as much as ever, and dropped a 30-year old greeting card in my lap (she had sent it to me when we first met and I had not seen it since). Since then I have read many books and had successful connections through self-guided afterlife connections. My wife Myrna motivates me in all things. I love her, she loves me, and that connection still exists. I have the goal of attempting to maintain as much of a relationship with her as possible (or permissible?). I can complete this life then successfully with her assistance. I realize this will be accomplished through education and spiritual growth. That is what I hope to accomplish anyway. I hope also that this goal is acceptable to you here in the forums. Thanks.

Monika, SashaS, Bill Z and 1 other person like this.
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

welcome

We have members who I think will identify with your situation and who may come to offer their thoughts. It's a little quiet right now because of the effect of summer on forum discussions so don't be too surprised if there aren't many responses.

As fall arrives I expect things to get more lively - it's what usually happens. :)

In the meantime why not look back at some earlier threads?

3. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

Welcome Keith and Myrna! I happen to share your goal and I'm also new at matters spiritual:) You will find many knowledgeable folks here at ALF. I wish you much success:)

4. Myrna and Keith

Myrna and Keith New Member

Thank you Mac and Pandora97 for the welcome. I will look at the earlier threads. I'm here to learn.

5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Don't miss the 'Resources' tab at the top of the page. :)