1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

He's not in the ground!

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by jimrich, Aug 23, 2018.

1. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

i recently visited a grave with some family members and, as we stood there looking down at the grave, while the family members spoke to the (dead) person buried there, i felt an urge to tell all of them that he's not down there in the ground - he's up here in the air all around and above our heads! So I stood there looking up and AT what I perceived to be the spirit or essence of the Disincarnate who was not and never was buried in the ground BUT I said nothing to the grieving family members who were so convinced that their departed loved-one is dead and buried in a grave. But I've learned the hard way that most folks cannot or will not accept that Disincarnates do NOT hang out in the GROUND. I'm not a psychic but I was very aware that their still LIVING loved one was right there in and with all of us up in the air and NOT dead in the ground. Oh well......... so be it.

Kurt likes this.
  2. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I feel like if it was not so sad the disincarnate might be slightly amused.

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I'm not psychic to my knowledge yet when, on occasion, I get talking to folk about their loved ones passed over I sometimes feel they are with us listening, perhaps watching. But other than in general terms I don't say too much because without something the other individual is able to relate to it's probably not going to help much.

pandora97 likes this.
  4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

In the older communications - say, a century old - the dead will sometimes lecture their living loved ones about their own frustration that their graves are being visited and tended when they are so clearly very much alive! And there are also communications from dead folks who appreciate the tokens left at gravesites. It's clear that we remain idiosyncratic individuals for a while after we transition!

5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

And idiosyncracies may result from the (comparatively) spiritually-unprogressed situation of individuals. Those who know more, have experienced more, have progressed further spiritually may have - should have! - more understanding.

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Wonderful point!

pandora97 likes this.
  7. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

Let's hope so...…..imagine spending eternity with all those idiosyncrasies! ;)

Kurt likes this.
  8. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

They are! Disincarnates do not take anything "personally" - especially "earthly" stuff.

Kurt likes this.
  9. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

LOL, I had to look up the definition of: "idiosyncrasies". That's one of my own idiosyncrasies!

Kurt likes this.
  10. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member