1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Here kitty, kitty, kitty!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by WWE LOVER, May 11, 2012.

1. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Hi all,
    Chuck! Where have you been? :)
    Anyway, Mikey says we are to repect all animals. Killing just to kill is not good. Food is one thing, the trophy is another.
    Killing an animal for our safety is looked at differently. Such as an attacking dog, etc. Heaven always knows the underlying reason. We must remember even if we don't like cats, (I personally am a dog person) they are a very loving pet to many and should be respected. To be intentionally hurtful to animals just for the fun of it is reviewed and not looked upon well. Bullying of animals and people is taken seriously in Heaven according to Mikey.
    Mikey tells me that insects are not "soul creatures" but be nice to them too! :) Within reason. Don't let them "sting" you............ :0
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

2. Half of Us

Half of Us New Member

Andrew, I am well aware that it is not "normal" for anyone to be cruel to animals. However, I have personally seen a lot of abuse to cats by boys in my younger days. It did teach me to stand up to bullies. And I do not think it is always a prelude to being a serial killer. Sometimes, it is just a kid trying to fit in with some macho neanderthal and may bring about quite a bit of guilt later.

3. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

Something you have to know about me Chuck is that I have a sense of humour that most people out there are not used to. I bring a certain comedy to my discussions, which people tend to either like a lot or dislike a lot. And sometimes I rub people the wrong way. Maybe this is the fruit of my years of bitterness over having a bad life, but the truth of the matter is that I would rather be this way than mad all the time like I once was.

No, I am not an ogre after all. But just realize that I don't like cats. It's just how I feel, man.

I'm not in favour of torturing them, but just for arguments sake let's say I saw one get run over by a car. I wouldn't feel bad for it. But I would for just about any other animal, particularly dogs as I think dogs are the greatest thing ever invented. I like dogs a hell of a lot more than I like people.

I tend to believe that we all have a "lack of love" failing somewhere in our lives, or at least a love issue with which we struggle. I have a few, and I have no problem voicing them on this site as I think you people are "more on the ball" than a lot of people I know.

And I was never calling you out Chuck. So no need to let bygones be bygones since there are no bygones. I've always liked you. Hell, I like everyone here, even when they disagree with me. :D

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  4. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

True that.

But I am sure Jeffrey Dahmer started out with torturing and killing animals, so Andrew's opinion is valid as well.

5. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

Well, I haven't stepped on a cat tail in a long, long, long time. But at least now I know what to expect in the life review. I just wonder how all those hunters up here are going to do in their life reviews.

I swat mosquitos in the summer time. Based on your response, I guess we don't have to fear that in the life review. :)

Thanks Carol and Mikey.

6. Half of Us

Half of Us New Member

WWE, Ok, I admit it. I hate mosquitos and swat the @#$% out of them too!

7. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

Welcome to the dark side! There's plenty of room on the old bandwagon. I'll save you a spot.

8. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Sorry, Half of Us. I wasn't trying to imply that you weren't aware of this fact - I was more trying to stress that point to any misguided readers who might be lurking here. We always must be careful of what we say and imply. You never know who's out there and what their mindset is.

I'll just offer a short explanation, while we're on this subject, to alert any readers here who may people in this situation. The homicidal triad is a group of traits that indicate a person has the potential to become a killer. The three traits to watch out for are: abuse to animals, the compulsive setting of fires, and chronic bedwetting past the age of five. Note: not all serial killers have these traits, but many do. If anyone out there knows someone who fits this criteria, please try to get them some type of help, if possible. If you suspect that they are already committing illegal acts, then please go to the police.

9. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I'm sorry folks but if I see:

A. A roach
    B. A spider
    C. Ants

I am getting the raid and my shoe and I am killing the hell out of all of them. Furthermore if I see a roach in my home (thank god I haven't so far which is rare actually) BUT if I do see one I will let it go. If I see another one I will stay in a hotel room for a night or two. Not lying. Now I've never truly had to deal with roach problems but I'm tellin ya if I were to see more than 2 a month I'm finding somewhere else to live. I am TERRIFIED of roaches. Give me snakes. Give me bears. Give me rats. But NEVER EVER give me a single roach! Thank God I have a cat. They will play with bugs before they kill em.

Now I would NEVER kill a lady bug. I always pick them up and put them outside. Killing a lady bug is like killing a harp seal. You just don't do it!

10. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Time to put the shoe on another foot my WWE dry humored friend. See I have just about the same humor as you do.. but not when it comes to animals (or cats in your case).

You see I HATE dogs. I think they all smell.. I don't find them cute at all.. and they quite frankly are not as sleek and intelligent as cats are. You have to do everything for them. You have to take them outside to take a dump, you have to bathe them and still after you bathe them they stink. Where as with a cat, all you have to do is clean their litter box and fill their food bowls. I have never known a cat to smell. Not even an alley cat!

I think you are so use to seeing short haired alley cats. I have owned 2 persian cats one of which is still alive (he just turned 1 years old recently). The cats that I choose to adopt are exotic, fluffy, and with big baby eyes and they were not the persian cats that had the smushed nose. They had normal looking faces. I think you would retract and apologize for everything you are saying here if you were to spend 1 minute with my cat. No I take that back. My cat doesn't like most strangers so 1 minute wouldn't be possible. The only stranger my cat has not ran away from was a guy that I was briefly dating. My cat actually stood there and motioned like he was about to run but then he didn't. I was like "Wowww you are the first person my cat didn't know that he has never ran away from". My cat let my date pet him and everything. Whereas my cat has ran away from my dad (good choice lol), the maintenance man, ect... I think cats have a sense for certain kinds of people. They are very intuitive. Where as a dumb dog would let just anybody touch them or play with them.

And don't get me started on dogs hurting and killing innocent people!!!!! You would never hear about a cat killing an infant! But ohhh do a google search and you will find stories beyond stories about a dog getting into a babies crib and mutilating them. How on earth can you prefer something like that over a cat? What have cats ever done to you?

You see I hate dogs but I would never make my own post about hating dogs. But since you went there about cats then I went there about dogs.

WWE Lover, you get a pass this time. I know that you are a good person and that you are a very unique person but I'm tellin you I do not share the humor in this post and yes I am going to let you know! Its not so much because I'm a cat person. I'm an animal person. Even if someone were to come on here posting about stepping on puppies I still would be pissed. Yes I do have a preference for cats but I'm just saying.

You get a hug and then a bop on the head from me! :p

11. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

Thanks for the love. At least a bop on the head is human contact, which is the most I've had in a while.

Dogs are quite intelligent, and they also have a sense for what people can be like too.

My parents own a bichon, and she never smells bad. And I've seen plenty of cats, home-owned, who stink. Like Kurt Angle says, "Oh it's true. It's damn true!"

12. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

By the way poeticblue, has anyone ever told you that you are beautiful when you're angry?

13. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Oy! Other than religion and politics, the worst and most pointless arguments of all are dogs vs. cats! Put me down as a horse-lover, dear friends. Then let's please change the subject ;-)! (On second thought, maybe religion or politics are not so bad...?)

14. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

Yeah, I got a habit of getting people all riled up. Like I said before, aren't I just the worst?

But take heart Roberta - at least you weren't made out to be the next Jeffrey Dahmer.

15. When I was a kid,I trapped a bunch of flies in a jar once. I didn't think it was cruel at the time but I know now that it was. I hate to cop-out and say I wasn't aware, but I was much more selfish then and didn't have as much empathy as I do now. As for cats, I grew up with them all my life as well as a dog. In 2007 I found out I was deathly allergic to cats(I'd been having asthma attacks and went to an allergist). We had one cat left of two we adopted around the same time. The cat was not necessarily the entire cause of my asthma though-there were many other factors. In 2009, we had her put to sleep because her health had gotten very poor and she was suffering. She had had a long life-she was 17 in human years. As for killing mice, I have put them outside but I lived in the country for awhile and mice are plentiful there and we had to set traps because we had a pecan orchard and it brought mice out and they love nuts! I have kids and sometimes you have to make a choice. As for spiders I will kill them. One time a spider bit my mom on her forehead and she has a huge scar from it. I do know people that hunt but they eat the meat get from the animal. Slaughterhouses, in my opinion, are just as cruel if not more. Killing for sport I do not agree with. I try to eat very little red meat but haven't been able to resist all meat. I do not enjoy killing insects or mice but sometimes you have to for safety reasons.If I have a life review upon my death, and if I have caused suffering for human or insect or animal, I will have deep remorse and will hate to know I caused it pain. To be honest, there are some animals I've had that I like a lot more than some people I've known.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  16. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Yup - nothing will get people riled up like the old cats vs. dogs debate. I'll say that I love both equally - which is true.

17. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

Forget about the debate. Let's just book them in a match at next year's Wrestlemania.

18. I love lady bugs! I love it when one gets on my arm , it tickles! And they fly too which is cool. We could have a million ladybugs and I wouldn't mind. Harmless bugs like that I leave alone.

19. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Haha... *blush*

Funny thing is.. I think you actually meant that lol.

20. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I've seen those swarms of lady bugs on a window at the school I went to a long time ago.. and although it was very disturbing I still hope to God the exterminator did not come by and kill them all away... they are one of the most innocent creatures.. even the poisonous ones. Just take a peice of paper and guide em on through the door lol.

I hope we have provided some Jerry Springer comic relief for the day.. Afterlife style of course :)