1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Here kitty, kitty, kitty!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by WWE LOVER, May 11, 2012.

1. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

I've never liked cats. Didn't like them 30 years ago, and still don't like them today.

I'm highly allergic to them, but aside from that, I still don't like them anyway. Dogs I love, but not cats. When you look at one, they have that look that if they were married to you, they'd leave you for someone with more money.

I can remember how I used to like bothering them a long time ago. I used to enjoy chasing them away, but my favourite thing to do if I got a hold of one was to step on its tail and make it scream. It would bring a smile to my face. :D

And we've all heard the stories of cats being killed and served up in those all you can eat Chinese buffets, right next to the spring rolls. Oh how I wish this was true (it's not, but a man can dream, can't he?) :rolleyes:

And then I can remember about 15 years ago, and seeing a story in the newspaper where someone was convicted of killing 5 cats and getting 12 years in jail. Personally, I thought he should have got a medal. Now if he would have done that to dogs, then I would be in favour of shoving 50000 volts up his ass.

But now I am on this forum, and have learned that cats have a soul too. So I am wondering if hurting cats, or hunting and fishing for trophy purposes, is something we get subjected to in the life review. I never caused a cat emotional pain, but would I have to feel the pain of stepping on its tail? And since I don't have a tail, where would I feel this pain?

2. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

PS - while my farting thread was pretty good stuff that Roberta especially enjoyed, I felt it was time for a change of pace.

Farts are awesome, but cats are not. Those are words of wisdom you can take to the bank.

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

IN DEFENSIO FELUM:
    Let me say that I am with the cats on this one. I love all animals, but cats are my very favorites. The hardest things for me, personally, to forgive is animal abuse. Obviously, I am vehemently against any form of violence or abuse, but animals are just so pure and innocent. It's the mockingbird effect, I suppose.

That being said, if someone makes is sadistic towards animals, and purposely causes them suffering, then I do think that they will have to, justly, come to terms with that during their life review. Whether it is actual physical pain, I am unsure. I think it would depend on the specific case. But don't fret, you can be made to feel as though you had a tail. One should remember though: animal abuse is part of the homicidal triage, so it is likely that serious abusers will also be abusing humans as well.

Widdershins3 likes this.
  4. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

Thanks for the help.

It's been about 25 years since I stepped on a cat's tail. And I haven't been abusing humans during this time either.

Interesting that you can be made to feel like you have a tail in the life review. Now I know what to expect.

And I agree with you on animal abuse - I can't stand it either as I am a pet lover. Just not for cats. Never liked them from day one. I wish I could love cats, but I just can't.

And I know lots of people who despise cats like me.

Now what about trophy hunting? Killing deer, etc., not to eat them but to display them. I don't hunt so this doesn't apply to me, but I am curious if hunters who do this feel the pain of the bullet they put into the animal once they get to the life review.

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

It all depends on the person who is doing the hunting, and how easily he can forgive himself. What makes sense to me is this: if you don't need to kill an animal to survive, then don't do it. Killing animals for trophies is not only wasteful to the environment, but it also puts the animal through unneeded trauma.

Widdershins3 likes this.
  6. Fasaga

Fasaga New Member

I agree with you Andrew, killing for fun is not on.

7. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

I've never hunted in my life, even knowing I live in an area where hunting is common in the autumn. It's never appealed to me, although I know a lot of people who do it.

And sure they will eat what they kill, such as partridge or whatever else. But they don't really have to kill these animals for food as they could always go down to the grocery store. So while they might do it for foor in part, the main reason they do it is for sport.

8. jenniechan

jenniechan New Member

I have also never hunted in my life and I don’t like who kill animals because they also have souls. I don’t like cats and dogs but I have never thought to kill them. They also have the right to live and enjoy their life. Everyone should understand the feelings of animals.

9. ChuckAnderson

ChuckAnderson Member

I guess killing cats (pulling the wings off flies), etc. is easy for some people, because unlike many humans, they can't really defend themselves, (not in a way that would stop a determined cat killer from doing it harm.)

Bullies are much the same, especially if their "prey" is weaker, AND said bully is in the company of other bullies. Add some intoxicant, and they can really "whoop it up"!!!

Sadism is sadism, no matter how helpless your UNDESERVING victim is!! (Protect you children!!!!)

I know I've opened myself up to feel the wrath of certain sadists here and elsewhere---but...SO WHAT!

To pay a price for trying to protect those who suffer the whims of a sadist is worth the risk!

Someday, the sadist will suffer from its own sadist.

Widdershins3 likes this.
  10. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

What goes around comes around. I've been bullied. Not lately, but when I was a kid.

As for pulling the wings off of flies, I suppose many children have done that. But I can remember a post where Carol's son said that insects don't have a soul, but that they exist just to exist. So if you pull the wings off a fly, I don't know if that gets subject to the life review (maybe it does, I don't know).

11. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

WWE Lover... sorry.. but um... I dont know what to say about this post other then... umm??? Wow.. ... sad face. I tried to laugh but didn't happen.

12. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

No need to apologise.

With most poeple that I know or hang around with, they don't like cats either. And I never liked them myself. So I know a lot of people who would laugh their asses off reading a post like this. I laughed when I wrote it.

On this forum, the people tend to be of a different nature. So I posted this expecting some backlash, and I welcome it.

One thing you will always get from me is the truth, whether it's popular or not. No point telling lies to all of you.

I just can't bring myself to like cats. I get lots of them around my apartment trying to kills the birds that come around here, and I hate watching it. I think they are nothing more than pests, like mosquitos. 99.99% of this forum will disagree, and I like the fact that you will post on it to speak your mind.

13. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

By the way folks, I was at a friend's place today, and she has a cat. I didn't feel like torturing it, eating it, or stepping on its tail. So maybe I'm progressing.

Just sayin'...

14. Half of Us

Half of Us New Member

I will never understand why so many adolescent males are so cruel to cats in particular. They are such beautiful creatures and actually can be so loving and faithful. I could not even kill some mice which got into my house last winter. I set live traps and released them. Yes, I am a hypocrite and do eat meat but as little as possible. I also release bugs. Guess I never felt executioner or torturer was part of my life plan.

Widdershins3 likes this.
  15. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

Well, if it makes you feel any better, you're less of a hypocrite than me. I eat meat, have swatted flies and mosquitos, and stepped on cat tails when I was much younger.

Never killed an animal in life though, unless you count insects. I don't hunt, as it's never appealed to me. I know plenty of people who love to hunt for the sake of doing it. I've fished before, but never caught one (although I did catch a boot one time).

16. Andrew

Andrew Guest

It should be noted, Half of Us, that it is not normal for anyone to be particularly cruel to animals. In fact, it is a major part of the homicidal triage (one of the signs that someone could become a serial killer). It can also be a sign of psychosis in certain individuals. Thus, it should be regarded as a very serious symptom of mental disorder, not phase that kids go through. I have seen [not personally] this type of mistake made several times, so I figured I would warn any readers. If you know someone who is cruel to animals, it is imperative that they seek help.

Personally, when I was an adolescent male, I had a cat whom I loved more than my own life.

17. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

Andrew ain't kidding. This is how Jeffrey Dahmer got started if I remember right.

18. ChuckAnderson

ChuckAnderson Member

I hope the WWE (in WWE Lover) doesn't stand for We Want Executions!!!!

19. WWE LOVER

WWE LOVER New Member

Now this is just fantastic stuff. Aren't I the worst?

In just a couple of weeks, I've gone from having a golden heart to being indirectly implied that I want to kill/torture animals, and might even be a serial killer in the making. That's why I love it here so much. I never know what I am going to get on any given day. :eek:

You people are a different breed than the kind of people I am used to dealing with, that's for sure. And it's all good as far as I am concerned.

WWE = World Wrestling Entertainment (formerly the WWF). Just so you know.

As for executions, there was a time that I was in favour of the death penalty. That was around 20 years ago. Now I am dead set against it (pardon the pun).

20. ChuckAnderson

ChuckAnderson Member

WWE Lover!

I apologise!

I guess it just hit me wrong when I saw your anti-feline diatribes...actually it really pissed me off.

But reading your other postings, I realise I was a bit "hasty" in my reactions, and you're not an ogre after all.

Some issues like animal cruelty can polarise opinions for all who read about it, especially in a forum setting.

I'd like to let bygones be bygones if you'll do the same for me.

I like the concept of loving unconditionally and forgiving completely, and I'd like to start now.

Chuck