1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

here comes summer, school is out, oh happy day....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by mac, Jun 4, 2018.

1. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I haven't watched those series, but I have seen lots of British shows, and many English villages truly are lovely. I still prefer Ireland, though....and if you like rain, both Ireland and Scotland get their fair share, lol.

Kurt likes this.
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I reckon they get somewhat more than their fair share! lol :D Wales too.....

England also has a reputation for being wet and it certainly can be but for me it's long periods of gloomy, cloudy, gray weather I get sick of. Perhaps not exactly Seattle weather but heading that way.

Kurt likes this.
  3. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Rain, Overcast, Fog, Dark nights, awesome accents & beautiful people?

UK is the place to go.

4. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

yes to the first points.... Open to debate on the last ones!:D

Kurt likes this.
  5. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Omg, so true for so many, Kurt! :D I find that a lot of people think that it's always going to be better on the other side of their fence; you know, your neighbor's grass is greener than yours, lol.
    I know people who move rather frequently and never seem to be content in their new hometown. I think that in such situations the problem does not rest with the location but with the individual wanting to escape some unpleasant situation. "Home", imho, is where you choose to make it ;)

Oh Kurt, when I read "awesome accent" my mind went back to Dr. Butler, professor of gross anatomy. I remember a friend of mine whispering to me, "With that accent he could read the phone book and still leave me mesmerized!" I remember giving her "the eye" and asking if she was prepared to be teased as a "starry-eyed" woman wanting to earn a medical degree? She quickly stopped her infatuation, or perhaps she managed to hide it well! :D:D
    Good memories.... hearing that giant of a man warn us all, "I don't care if you are tired, just don't snore in my class. Don't care what you do, you can go piss on the walls for all I care, but don't snore in my class!" I'll never forget those lines, lol. He was a rather large figure, in more ways than one, a bit intimidating, but underneath that crusty shell, he really was a good egg :)

Kurt and SashaS like this.
  6. bluebird

Lol! But the Irish truly were some of the most physically beautiful people I saw, too. I'm not saying all Irish people are beautiful, but those who were REALLY were.

Kurt likes this.
  7. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Red hair and green eyes?

Kurt likes this.
  8. bluebird

Quite a few of them, yes. And very pale skin, often with freckles. The stereotypical Irish look I suppose, lol. But not all of the beautiful Irish people looked that way, of course.