1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

here comes summer, school is out, oh happy day....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by mac, Jun 4, 2018.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

I've been observing the drop-off of involvement during summer months for a long time. It's perhaps understandable that the dark, gloomy months of autumn and winter bring us low and our thoughts move to deeper, more serious subjects. In general, that is.

2. bluebird

bluebird Regular Contributor

Same here. Since my husband died, I prefer to just hide in the house as much as possible, and even more so in good weather, because now spending time outside in nice weather just makes me angry since he isn't here to enjoy it, and because he isn't here I don't enjoy it either. I have never liked summer weather anyway, though, as I hate the heat & humidity; I have always preferred Autumn weather, but now I don't even enjoy that (partly because I really don't enjoy much of anything anymore, and partly because my husband died in Autumn).

SashaS and GoldDustWoman622 like this.
  3. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

When someone very close to me died, I went through "hell" and for a long time I felt angry. When Spring rolled around (a few months after his passing), instead of feeling that sense of hope and renewal I mentioned in my previous post, I felt really pi--ed off because that person was no longer with us, and I felt his leaving was so unfair, so wrong. Intellectually I knew the anger was due to my grief, but that didn't change how I felt at the time. These days when Spring makes its appearance, I still feel the sense of loss, but the anger is gone. I tell myself - and I believe - that he is alright, and that I will see him again when my time comes. My personal certainty helps me carry on with this earthly ride.
    Bb, Autumn is my very favourite season. Wish it could be Autumn 12 months of the year! :)

GoldDustWoman622 likes this.
  4. bluebird

bluebird Regular Contributor

You are truly blessed to have that certainty regarding the afterlife.
    On a more earthly note, I've never understood how anyone could prefer Summer weather to Autumn weather. A nice summer day of about 75 degrees Fahrenheit, with no humidity, is nice every now and then -- but no weather beats a crisp Autumn day, about 50 degrees Fahrenheit, with the smell of woodsmoke in the air, when you're wearing great boots and a jacket, and stop for a hot cup of tea with the one you love, or have the tea alone in a little coffee shop while you read a good book.

ravensgate likes this.
  5. mac

mac Staff Member

You'd do well in the UK then - most of our year feels like autumn! We wait and wait for summer to start and suddenly it's September and it's all over boys.

SashaS likes this.