1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

here comes summer, school is out, oh happy day....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by mac, Jun 4, 2018.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

Winter in the northern hemisphere is over and summer beckons.... ;)

For a time, now, this website has been getting quieter and as summer arrives proper, the activity level can be expected to be lower than in the winter.

Have a great summer, you guys, but remember ALF is still there even when you're on your holidays. :)

SashaS and Kurt like this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

Even allowing for my prophetic ability (!!) it's almost uncanny how ALF's members have disappeared from view. :D There's been barely a single posting for over a week, I think. Folk must be on their holidays!

Interesting how little interest there appears to be in matter spiritual when summer arrives. And how interest increases as fall arrives....

3. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

Yes, it seems to be so silent here last times. By myself i have not so much to say about most of topics here. But i like to read what others have to say :)

Bill Z likes this.
  4. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

In my opinion and experience, the shorter daylight hours of Fall and Winter tend to put humans in a more pensive state. Same when certain events occur, such the loss of a loved one, for example. Or when we read about a person who seemed to "have it all" but chose to get off this world ride for no apparent reason. When we feel depressed, when we mourn, we tend to become more active on spiritual forums. It is, I think, our way of reaching out, trying to find some "meaning". Summer, and especially Spring, tend to provide us with the illusion of renewal and hope of brighter days ahead; spiritual matter tend to get shelved, for a while, and this may be reflected in lower forum activity.
    Well, that's my story, and I'll stick with it! ;)

Kurt and Monika like this.
  5. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

Of course it can be so. I dont know. As by myself i spend now more time at home than before. It was snowing few days now, it was cloudy so i was outside a little. If it is sunny day i just hide at home. Used to like to spend time in sun much more years ago. But now it just irritates me :)

Bill Z and bluebird like this.