1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Her mom appeared to me

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by jimrich, Sep 7, 2017.

1. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Based upon my 6 decades of intensive research, I am a confident that: yesterday, while making love with my new fiance and lover, I momentarily saw/felt her mother standing before me (at about arm's length). Her mother was just standing there looking at us in bed with a lovely, friendly and approving smile on her face and was gone in an instant. So I told my GF that I just saw her mother but could feel/tell that my GF probably thought i was imagining things and said nothing about it. I am not especially psychic so I had nothing to say about the "sighting" other than it seemed my GF's mother was happy for and with us and had appeared to give us her blessings.
    Based upon my 6 decades of intensive research, I am a confident that the easy answer is that I was hallucinating since I only briefly saw my GF's mother in photos at her home. It was a very brief sighing but enough to tell me that her mother was indeed there and was showing me, at least, her happy approval of us (we are both elderly now). Were it not for previous experiences with Dis-incarnates, I'd either ignore what I saw or write it of as my imagination running wild. The feeling of the sighting was the most dramatic which told me the mother was indeed right here, appearing in a human form, even though I know Dis-incarnates do not have forms such as Incarnated have. This is the first time any Dis-incarnate has "dropped by" since our extremely intense relationship began just a few weeks ago. There have been some some "signs" from my late wife, Irene, but nothing as dramatic as my GF's mother showing up next to our "love" bed. It was a pleasant "surprise" - for me anyway. My GFs is religious but does not believe in Dis-incarnates or the Afterlife, as described in ALF.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Widdershins3 likes this.
  2. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

Wow, I wonder if she showed up because she knew that you already knew about this kinda thing

3. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Based upon my 6 decades of intensive research, I am both confident and absolutely know that Dis-incarnates know who can and cannot acknowledge their visits and presence so the mother knew I would accept or recognize her and not dismiss or reject her as most folks do. It is somewhat painful for Dis-incarnates to be rejected and not accepted by us Incarnates but that's just how it is in most cultures where Incarnates are taught to FEAR spirits and spiritual matters. I spoke with my fiance today about what I saw and she agrees that her mother appeared as a gesture of approval and love even though she did not see her mother as I did. We both see the event as a loving and encouraging message or gesture from Heaven or the Afterlife. We also believe that god has brought us together and is promoting many positive things in our relationship like having her mother "drop by".

Widdershins3 and Nirvana like this.
  4. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

quote: "It is somewhat painful for Dis-incarnates to be rejected and not accepted by us Incarnates but that's just how it is in most cultures where Incarnates are taught to FEAR spirits and spiritual matters."

I'm sure that there will be disappointment when our unseen relatives and friends have tried unsuccessfully to connect with us. For some it is indeed likely to be painful but that's not necessarily the same for all. Add to the mix that some, perhaps many or even most, discarnates may understand considerably more than we do and the situation isn't as straightforward as suggested.

We should be wary about over-simplifying a situation that isn't simple.

5. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Dear mac and other ALF members and/or visitors, please read and respectfully follow the suggestions by Roberta Grimes as stated in her post here.......
    http://afterlifeforums.com/threads/question.2308/#post-45505
    Roberta wrote:
    "So I ask you please to preface all of your opinions with what I am going to say now about my statement here, and what I try to say whenever I answer a question on ALF (although when I'm hurrying I might forget - sorry): "Based upon .... I am confident that.... " For me, it's "Based upon my five decades of intensive research..." For you it can be "Based upon what my wife tells me," and for others it can be "Based upon what I've read in this or that book...." ~ Roberta Grimes.
    I sincerely appreciate your opinions and would respect them even more if expressed as per Roberta's recommendation in: threads/question.2308/#post-45505

Widdershins3 likes this.
  6. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Based upon my six decades of intensive research, what my wife tells me and common sense, I am confident that "we should be wary about over-simplifying a situation that isn't simple." and I am confident that nobody has "suggested" that the "situation" is "straightforward" or that anything is "painful for all".

Widdershins3 likes this.
  7. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

You declared earlier that I'm on your 'Ignore' list so please do not address me specially and specifically and please do not address me by name - as you have here - in any future blanket address to all and sundry on ALF.